Completed brush truck video added 6-25-11

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I think I can say of behalf of all ELB members. Were all very proud of your work. You were given a very small budget and made the best of it. Congrats on your good work.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
You can fit a few more lights in that bar either than that it looks great.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Hey dude,

First off, I gotta say, bang up job on this truck. For working with what little you had to go on, very well done. The wiring looked clean and well laid-out, and the pint and home-made lightbar turned out really nice.

A suggestion for the future, if I may provide one:

I realize wiring is expensive as hell right now, but for purposes of clarity and allowing others who may work on the wiring in the future, use multiple colors of wiring to distinguish between circuits (e.g. Red for hot/positive, black for ground/common/negative, blue for one circuit, green for another, etc.) so that way you're not having to chase down stuff by guessing later on down the road.

But again, with what you had, I'd say you knocked it out of the park and then some.

EDIT: Also, if you'd like, I have a pair of amber Whelen LIN3s that I'd be willing to donate to you at no cost for use on the rear if you need them. They're four-wire control and have flanges with them. Just let me know if you need them, and I'll send them your way.

amccullers

May 22, 2010
Wetumpka, Alabama
When I wiring the truck I never thought of chaning wire colors. I did label everything, but labels do fall off. Here in the next couple of weeks I will be wiring the Tahoe I use at my other dept., and I will remember that.

Thanks

Andrew

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
For an old ex-ambulance, that turned out well. What in the world happened to your cab clearance lights??

I think all you need is an HLF, a brush guard, and some beefier tires on the back. Other than that, it looks great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.