Composite Tones (wail/yelp/Piercer)?

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I've always been a bit curious about the composite tones. What exactly do they sound like? The previews in the Carbide software give me a bit of an idea, but I guess what I'm getting at is what they would actually sound like.

In the Carbide software, the Composite Wail preview sounds a bit like the Simulated Mechanical Wail, albeit faster. It still sounds different though. How does it actually sound through speakers compared to the Simulated Mechanical?

What does the Composite Yelp sound like through speakers? Is it similar to a much faster-cycling Simulated Mechanical or is it a different beast altogether?

As for the Composite Piercer, this tone puzzles me a bit. The preview sounds like something from an early 80s arcade game. I think that I've heard this tone recently, but I'm not entirely sure as I didn't see the responding vehicles' agencies. I think that they were the new-issue OPP vehicles using Sapphire. If there were any older OPP vehicles responding, this tone didn't sound like any of the D&R Piercer-style tones either. It's tricky to explain, but it sounded like several Piercers at once, with each having a different pitch. It's like nothing I've ever heard before. This tone stood out from everything else. It didn't sound like a Howler either. It was probably the most unique tone that I've ever heard in my life. Was this a Composite Piercer?

Any input would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

PPNPAF

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.