Console in Dodge Dakota 04'

dpfirerescue

Oct 19, 2010
USA, CO - Denver
Looking at helping a buddy out by getting or making a console for his 04 Dakota or looking for a solution that would allow a SS2000 and maybe one or so more troy plates mounted...

Any suggestions on this or making a homemade console in general?

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
I'll take pics of mine tomorrow and post them on here, but there's a half-ass picture on my showcase. I have bucket seats (I took out the bench seats) and I put a Jotto angled console in there, without a track. I just drilled into the floor (may not be the smartest thing to do, but hey, it works). Also, pictures of the inside would help (or at least a generic of what it looks like).

dpfirerescue

Oct 19, 2010
USA, CO - Denver
Attached is similar to the one I am trying to install in except dash is black instead of wood... One thing I notice and dislike is the floor from the back of the OEM console to the spot underneath the dash has like three different humps or elevations....

wooddash.jpg

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Yeah, that's out of my league! I've never really looked over a Dakota that had an interior like that, so I don't know where all the gaps, etc. are. Does it have an overhead console where sunglasses go? You could attach it to it, but that would be a lot of work, if it would even fit.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I drove an '02 Durango for a work truck before I got my Explorer. Interior looked identical to the pic above. We removed the entire center console and bolted on a plate, and then used a Jotto desk generic 14" or so console to hold a C3 Mastercom, 2 radios, and an arm rest.

Mr911

Jun 2, 2010
Northeastern Pennsylvania
I too an trying to get ideas for the same style vehicle...I would love to see what you have come up with! Do you have any dimensions/materials used/etc to share? I would also appreciate any pics of the finished product...if it's not too much bother...

cvvfdjones

Jul 26, 2013
Hawkins County, Tn, USA
I have a question that I'll tack on to this thread. What is a good material that looks nice and is soft that can go onto a custom wood console. I'm making mine myself but have no clue what to put on the exterior of it.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Automotive carpet works well. You should be able to pick up a roll in any of a handful of colors from your favorite auto parts store.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.