CPS Authority

Jan 8, 2014
IL
Anyone on here ever deal with CPS Authority? I was looking at this light bar from there. My brother has this setup in his truck and seems to like it but I am looking for opinions from outside people.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
Zapp Brannigan said:
Welcome to ELB! 90% of questions can usually be answered if people ever bothered to Search for these type things...
Do you want me to go on???

I do.... I do..... :)

Lighten

Jul 4, 2013
Georgia
MEVS06 said:
Simple answer, stay the eff away from that garbage unless you like it in the arse with no lube....

What he said^^. I ordered a Blaster 6 T6 light stick from them that a customer wanted. I received a Blaster 6 T4, which is cheaper than a T6. So i looked at the packing slip and it was inspected by someone that signed off on it that it was correct even though a T4 was in the box. Anyways customer had to have it put on for a special service later that night. I only charged the customer for a T4 so i am out a little money. I called CPS and as usual and got a d@_ voice mail (which i think is really dumb if you want a good business) still haven received a call back after i left 5 and 5 emails 7 days ago. Maybe they should hire someone to answer there calls everyday and pay them with the extra money they get from customers. In other words i would highly advise you to spend your money else where.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
My buddy had CPS crap on his security truck. They are lower quality, not as bright as major manufacturers, have poor customer service and are unlikely to be around if/when you need warranty work done.

If you are working on a budget, you are much better advised to keep an eye for quality name brand used products listed in the for sale section. For the price of that junk new you can almost always find name brand used items here. A 3 year old used Whelen led will still have a longer warranty for you (total 5 years I think) than a brand new CPS with 1 year total warranty. The Whelen will be brighter, have necessary certifications and likely last a LOT longer after warranty.

Do yourself a favor, don't skimp on something that could save your life. If you can't afford a quality product right now, look used or else save your money. If you don't need them to save your life and you want pretty flashy things, CPS will work great for a couple months for you.

Jan 8, 2014
IL
Thanks for the replies.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
blinkyfan said:
Wow, friendly service... huh?

sarcasm.jpg

I see you are relatively new. You will see, and learn that, as I stated above, MOST questions can be/have already been answered, if only people bothered to search the forum first.

no search.jpg

Jan 8, 2014
IL
There are 2 problems that I have with the search function:

1st: I dont have the ability to sit there and search 100 topics for the answer I am looking for as I do have a job and work for the government so most times I am posting from my phone.

2nd: When I got the chance to look at the links you posted it took me searching through 5 pages of one topic because people like post stupid shit like this and then people (companies) start bickering about whose product is better. All I was looking for was a few honest and ON TOPIC answers about my question.

There is no rule on this forum that requires members to use the search function. So stop hijacking my freaking topic. If you havent dealt with the company then shut up.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
emergency_ram12 said:
There are 2 problems that I have with the search function:

1st: I dont have the ability to sit there and search 100 topics for the answer I am looking for as I do have a job and work for the government so most times I am posting from my phone.

2nd: When I got the chance to look at the links you posted it took me searching through 5 pages of one topic because people like post stupid shit like this and then people (companies) start bickering about whose product is better. All I was looking for was a few honest and ON TOPIC answers about my question.

There is no rule on this forum that requires members to use the search function. So stop hijacking my freaking topic. If you havent dealt with the company then shut up.

:sadcry: :sadcry:

You asked, I searched for you, provided the links. You could at least say thank you, you ungrateful donkey.gif

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
On topic reply: A guy on my department used some of their lights until he inspected them recently and noticed charring on the boards... I don't recommend them.

Off topic reply:
:popcorn:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I get a little sick of people always telling others to use the search function. Either answer the question, link the existing threads or move on. Replying to a thread that has been asked before telling them to search isn't helping. Our search feature can be confusing and it's ok if people re-ask questions now and then. However, when it comes to the reputation of a certain product, searching or browsing is the best way to get that info. A certain investment of time is required to be an informed consumer. That said, there is no problem reasking a question abou a company. People can easily provide you some links (like they did).

Jan 8, 2014
IL
tsquale said:
On topic reply: A guy on my department used some of their lights until he inspected them recently and noticed charring on the boards... I don't recommend them.

Off topic reply:
:popcorn:

Hmmm... Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I guess just like with everything else in the market it is hit or miss with them.

Any suggestions on places that offer good quality visor lightbars with cigarette plugs?

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
emergency_ram12 said:
Hmmm... Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I guess just like with everything else in the market it is hit or miss with them.

Any suggestions on places that offer good quality visor lightbars with cigarette plugs?

By visor light bar, do you mean Interior light bar (headliner) or Visor lights (that go in the visor). If it is the first, do you want full, split or half.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
emergency_ram12 said:
Check with Tom at AWL. His ad is on the right side of the main screen and he's a frequent contributor here. He offers Feniex and several other brands. I bought one of the early Venom series interior light bars from him several years ago, and it is still working just fine.

There are are other good dealers here on elb, but I've only bought from Tom so far. I'd go back for more.

Jan 8, 2014
IL
FSEP said:
By visor light bar, do you mean Interior light bar (headliner) or Visor lights (that go in the visor). If it is the first, do you want full, split or half.

My apologies for not clarifying, I meant Interior light bar. I am looking for split due to where my RVM is located. I want something rather low profile.

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Steve0625 said:
Check with Tom at AWL. His ad is on the right side of the main screen and he's a frequent contributor here. He offers Feniex and several other brands. I bought one of the early Venom series interior light bars from him several years ago, and it is still working just fine.

There are are other good dealers here on elb, but I've only bought from Tom so far. I'd go back for more.

I will second this.

Tom's a great guy on the site here, and his prices are very reasonable. The Venom is a good interior lightbar, you can't go wrong with it at that price point.

if you're looking to spend more money however, I would recommend the Fenix Pegasus. Buddy of mine has one and he couldn't be happier.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
emergency_ram12 said:
My apologies for not clarifying, I meant Interior light bar. I am looking for split due to where my RVM is located. I want something rather low profile.

If you are on a budget, I might suggest you browse the For Sale section for a couple of used single Talon's in your color of choice. Great lights, easy to mount by the RVM, good light output and can be had for really cheap.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Go to Tom if you're uber tight on money. I have the AWL Venom v1 in Blue/White and it moves traffic brilliantly. I've also purchased an AWL Pulse 2 in Blue/White(on a slight discount after a smidge of a mishap) and it's VERY bright. My Feniex Cobra 2x was also purchased from him. More than amazing customer service, quick shipping, great products, all that result with people giving you the right of way from a good distance. Tom is the man... Period.

However, also look on the classifieds on here. You can find Whelen, Federal Sig., SoundOff, Feniex, etc. products for great prices. May take a bit of searching, but it can be done. I only buy complete(all brackets, suction cups, original uncut cord) items and it takes me a bit to find things, but oh have I found some deals.

Good luck on your search and purchases!

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
I, along with a few people I know have CPS bars (6 total) and they work great so far. They obviously aren't like Whelen bars or anything, but for the money they aren't a bad deal. It took a little bit to get them shipped, but the ones we received worked fine. If you have the money I would get something better, but if not, these work great.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Brendan11 said:
I, along with a few people I know have CPS bars (6 total) and they work great so far. They obviously aren't like Whelen bars or anything, but for the money they aren't a bad deal. It took a little bit to get them shipped, but the ones we received worked fine. If you have the money I would get something better, but if not, these work great.

Don't listen to him, he hasn't learned from his mistakes yet.....

KAdams327

Oct 28, 2011
MI
I'll tell you the one place I use CPS lights..

The gun range

The training section of our PD wanted a simulation of night shooting with over heads. We were given a tiny budget and told to make it happen.

Ended up going with them because it wouldn't be a big deal if they ended up with bullet holes in them.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Tell ya what...

I've had one of their T6 Blaster 6 light sticks for a while. I've been impressed by the output this far. The other day, I decided to take it apart to mount them as individual lightheads in my Audi, and the wires on each module are so thin, they are literally like hair strands. The wire sheathing was also so thin, that just from unbending them, they cracked wide open exposing bare wire. One wire literally fell apart off the lighthead rendering it useless. So although the shit quality might not be immediately apparent, it is definitely down the tubes

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
codycat91 said:
Tell ya what...

I've had one of their T6 Blaster 6 light sticks for a while. I've been impressed by the output this far. The other day, I decided to take it apart to mount them as individual lightheads in my Audi, and the wires on each module are so thin, they are literally like hair strands. The wire sheathing was also so thin, that just from unbending them, they cracked wide open exposing bare wire. One wire literally fell apart off the lighthead rendering it useless. So although the shit quality might not be immediately apparent, it is definitely down the tubes

Looks like you learned the hard way.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Thank you to everyone who suggested the AWL Venom Interior Bar, I'm very lucky to have such a great customer base! The Venom is a similar bar to what you're looking for, and has a great track-record. Don't take my word for it; there are numerous customer reviews on the Venom webpage :)

Right now, the Venom is $219.99 but includes a set of FREE AWL SMT3 Grille Lights ($60 value). Best of all, everything is in stock and ready to ship!

If you happen to be able to put a little more together, the Feniex Pegasus is also a fantastic choice. You can get a passenger-side bar for only $249 which is a very popular selling light on my site.

Other than interior bars, I also have the Pulse Series dash lights that are available in one or two modules. These are great dash lights for the price, and will be sure to get you seen. I can really design a warning package with any budget, and provide you with some dependable lighting with a solid warranty.

Feel free to contact me with any questions :thumbsup:

ransom

Jan 24, 2014
Maryland
This CPS Authority guy.....i noticed through a search that he used to sell a Slimlighter knockoff called the Slimline Freedom....now its not on his site anymore but I saw it on mvslights.com, same company??

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ransom said:
This CPS Authority guy.....i noticed through a search that he used to sell a Slimlighter knockoff called the Slimline Freedom....now its not on his site anymore but I saw it on mvslights.com, same company??

No same craptastic light!!! They dont have it online anymore, has to do with a Whelen law suit or so I've heard......... lol

ransom

Jan 24, 2014
Maryland
MEVS06 said:
No same craptastic light!!! They dont have it online anymore, has to do with a Whelen law suit or so I've heard......... lol

Did you mean 'not same craptastic light'? Because it still is for sale on the mvs site

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
ransom said:
Did you mean 'not same craptastic light'? Because it still is for sale on the mvs site

No its the same china shit, mvs sells china shit. They like to rape the customer with that crap. You should look for a post by CodyCat on here. He finally saw the light and realized how cheap those lights are built. After a few weeks and sometimes months of use the 24 guage internal wires just came apart.....

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
MEVS06 said:
No its the same china shit, mvs sells china shit. They like to rape the customer with that crap. You should look for a post by CodyCat on here. He finally saw the light and realized how cheap those lights are built. After a few weeks and sometimes months of use the 24 guage internal wires just came apart.....

On one of their light sticks with supposedly interchangeable heads, when I took a head out, and went to straighten the curled up wire, the wire literally broke in half. Yes, the wire broke! Never saw a wire break before like this one did. It broke just from a weak spot from being curled a little to fit inside the housing. Absolutely ridiculous

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
They are a nightmare to deal with.

Ordered a dash light for a customer, three months later it finally hit the door. I got excuse after excuse about the delay, was never able to reach them on the phone or email, was only able to contact them through posts here when they were still a member.

Due to that experience I will never purchase from them again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.