Creative Technology Inc. Stealth full-size lightbar, now with strobes!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
After 8 months of discussing the purchase with Rob (Stampeed Valkyrie), we came to terms and I was able to purchase this from him. His thread trolling me is here: http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/stealth-full-size-bar-video-added.70248/

Tearing into it, it has (as he described) 4 rotators, front and rear flashers, front and rear takedowns, alley lights, and front strobes. The strobes are wired up very strangely with a total of 5 wires coming out of them (3 14g, and 2 22g) in a rainbow of colors. Not the traditional red/black/white. I have determined they need an external power supply and will end up pulling the originals and replacing them with ones that utilize the "normal" wiring set up. UPDATE 6/10: I have put in new Whelen Strobes and CS225 power supply mounted internally behind the front flashers. See video 3.

I wasn't really blown away by the blue/white combo on the rotators so I decided to make it the traditional red/blue. Problem was finding red filters. I had a few extra Code 3 LP filters that "hook" on to the rotators and decided I could make it work. The original filters screw in to the rotators. So after 15minutes of dremel work, I had some nice red filters.

Video 1 shows it as I received it, Video 2 with the red filters. Video 3 is a shorter video showing the strobes.

img_20160605_121449979_top.jpg img_20160605_142001547.jpg img_20160605_142009615.jpg img_20160605_142014441.jpg img_20160605_142024243.jpg img_20160605_152528767.jpg img_20160605_152532923_top.jpg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
If i remember correctly just about all the Halogen bulbs on that bar are H2 bulbs.. fairly easy to find if they blow.

Good luck with the strobes... they probably work.. just no idea how to hook them up correctly.

Very cool.

Rob

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
If i remember correctly just about all the Halogen bulbs on that bar are H2 bulbs.. fairly easy to find if they blow.

Good luck with the strobes... they probably work.. just no idea how to hook them up correctly.

Correct, H2 bulbs. Kind of a neat setup how they are hung above the rotators and the reflector spins around them like some older lights. That's exactly the issue with the current strobes, no clue how to properly wire them up without blowing the whole thing up. They're not set up like the Stealth mini-bars.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Huh...

For future reference, if those filter holes lined-up so well, I'm guessing the Code3 Infinity or XS8000 rotator filters would be an exact match if not damn-close...
-basically trimmed-down MX/LP filters as you made on your own...

Last edited:

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Thanks for the vid and the pics. I agree; the red/blue looks cooler, but then I'm a northerner where that's the predominant style.

The original MiniStealths had two rotators top and one bottm; I don't recall strobes being an option, though flashers were. Is it possible the strobes in yours are aftermarket?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The original MiniStealths had two rotators top and one bottm; I don't recall strobes being an option, though flashers were. Is it possible the strobes in yours are aftermarket?
I initially thought that could be the case, however the wiring leading up to them to include the wire ties and mounts are nearly identical to that of the rest of the items installed.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The only other fullsize Stealths I have seen (two) had halogen flasher on the bottom and the rotators up top.

Im a little surprised after all the negotiating and the rarity of the bar... the first thing you did was modify it!

But Im not one to talk because if I found a fullsize stealth it would be on my truck ASAP

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The only other fullsize Stealths I have seen (two) had halogen flasher on the bottom and the rotators up top.
Im a little surprised after all the negotiating and the rarity of the bar... the first thing you did was modify it!
But Im not one to talk because if I found a fullsize stealth it would be on my truck ASAP

I just improved it :) It really doesn't throw out enough light to make it effective. The jagged angles of the domes really cut the power down. I can't imagine how poorly it performed in daylight conditions. That and how brittle these domes are led to their demise.

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
100W bulbs! :cool:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Its most definately an interesting light otherwise I would have passed it up when I acquired it..
The bar is really light weight.. and Tony is right the domes were what I was really worried about upon shipping.
I am glad to see someone enjoying it.. as for me it was sitting on a rack with other light bars.. (aerodynics) lol

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Had some free time to redo the strobe setup. Installed a used Whelen CS225 power supply and Whelen tubes and got the wiring routed with the original. See the OP third video for the strobes in action.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.