Crown Vic Command Set Up

lt835

Mar 1, 2011
New Jersey
Hey Guys, Sorry no pictures here...yet. I hope I am posting this in the correct location. I was recently promoted to captain of my EMS agency and with that I get a take home Crown Vic. Recently we had a command setup installed in our other supervisor Tahoe because apparently the powers at be didn't see it necessary to put radios in the trunk area of a command vehicle?!? Go figure. So being the resident radio buff and the guy who doesn't want to carry 4 radios on my hip while commanding a scene and would rather command it from the back of a vehicle with a white board and all of that other fun stuff. So I was hoping someone out there has pictures of a crown vic with some sort of command setup in the truck so I can get ideas of what can be done. 

Thanks in advance!

-LT835

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Hey Guys, Sorry no pictures here...yet. I hope I am posting this in the correct location. I was recently promoted to captain of my EMS agency and with that I get a take home Crown Vic. Recently we had a command setup installed in our other supervisor Tahoe because apparently the powers at be didn't see it necessary to put radios in the trunk area of a command vehicle?!? Go figure. So being the resident radio buff and the guy who doesn't want to carry 4 radios on my hip while commanding a scene and would rather command it from the back of a vehicle with a white board and all of that other fun stuff. So I was hoping someone out there has pictures of a crown vic with some sort of command setup in the truck so I can get ideas of what can be done. 

Thanks in advance!

-LT835
I just spent a couple of minutes googling around on this. The only thing I found was the Troy CP-1 which strobecrazy already gave you the link for. There aren't many pics of a CVPI command setup.

If you are on a tight budget for this, a lot can be done with plywood.

One item I'd strongly recommend is one of those $100 12x12 shelters that everyone uses for camping and tailgating. Set it up over the rear end of the car and you've got some decent protection from the elements. There are optional wall kits available, too, but I'd pick up some clear walls which you can find with a little searching on camping websites. I've seen the clear walls on Ebay, too. If you end up working a major incident in crappy weather, this will be invaluable to you.

Reactions: Doug

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I get Fire Command, but not real clear on the concept of EMS command (does FD not rescue/recover victims and bring them to the EMS?), so not sure if this will work.  In traffic, if we needed to track/list/sketch vehicles or a scene, and it was a fluid deal, we used dry erase markers, and the hood of a squad car.  The trunk lid was also used.  Once everything was laid out, a picture was taken for the file and future mapping.   Of course this did not work in the rain. 

Reactions: pdk9

emt111

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Odyssey Specialty Vehicles: http://www.odysseyauto.com/cabinets/cvto-cmd44.html

I get Fire Command, but not real clear on the concept of EMS command (does FD not rescue/recover victims and bring them to the EMS?), so not sure if this will work.  In traffic, if we needed to track/list/sketch vehicles or a scene, and it was a fluid deal, we used dry erase markers, and the hood of a squad car.  The trunk lid was also used.  Once everything was laid out, a picture was taken for the file and future mapping.   Of course this did not work in the rain. 
EMS command is really more for large scale events, i.e multi-patient events. They are responsible for assigning people to roles such as triage, treatment, ect, making sure the necessary units are (ALS, BLS, Medevacs) are enroute, and notifying hospitals and determining how many and what level of severity patients can  be sent to what facility, just to name a few.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.