Custom 28" Mini-Liberty with LR11 Intersection Sweeps

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Not to mention im trying to fit an amber and a blue LR11 in there, so colored lenses are a no go.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
It's not unheard of to have different colored front and rear lenses with a clear endcap.

Reactions: tsquale

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yeah, its staying with clear lenses for sure. I think im gonna end up only mounting one LR11 to each sweep. with the 'rotation' of the whole unit, there isnt much room and i'd have to heavily modify the frame in order to get them both to fit. The project has been on idle because i was waiting on new amber LEDs for the LR11s, that had to be ordered. Hopefully they will be here soon and i can find some time around my newborn, to get this project finished. Ill post updates as soon as i get some...

uploadfromtaptalk1425548467596.jpg

Oh yeah, here's a pic of the SXTDLED that replaced the pair of LR11 takedowns. I also put another in the rear center position, for light while backing.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I watched your vid on FB...  I'm diggin the whole bar EXCEPT the rear flashing SXTDLED...  lol  But thats just me...  lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yeah, if only i knew how to disable that one specific light.

I dont ever run the flashing white if there's a car behind me. But pedestrians walking behind me get hit with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I will Tuesday I have to pick up the bat from my firehouse I just removed it from our A-Chiefs buggy we replaced it with a new Liberty II #433 I might add

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
No i haven't. I have a newborn at home that's really slowing my project down. :( as soon as i make some progress, ill be sure to post it up. Boulder is giving me 'Bar Envy' too. I will admit, i have a full sized vector bar in my basement, and im getting all sorts of crazy 'mad scientist' ideas.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
No i haven't. I have a newborn at home that's really slowing my project down. :( as soon as i make some progress, ill be sure to post it up. Boulder is giving me 'Bar Envy' too. I will admit, i have a full sized vector bar in my basement, and im getting all sorts of crazy 'mad scientist' ideas.
I have no idea what you're talking about...  lol

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Its snowing now, and i need my plow bar.

My plow bar is in the basement, in 100 pieces. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois

52bfaa6c3d5c652050a81145f092ccdb.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Ok, well i broke one of the control arms on the sweep mechanism, and had to order a replacement. I probably could've fabbed a new one, but i didn't have the time or patience. So new part came in and i got to work. Both sweeps are fit and mounted. This is the first beta test of it up on a vehicle. The video makes it seem really loud, when in reality, its not that bad.

Whelen Mini Liberty with LR11 Intersection Sweeps: http://youtu.be/C0_peD32qiE

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Looks great! I know videos are deceiving... How to the lr11's compare to the lin6's? Looks like those lin6's blow the lr11's out of the water in the video. But maybe it's just me. Regardkess... Great job!!

Seth

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The LR11 really POPs in person. Video does it no justice

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Looks awesome, great idea!!!!

Hey, next time take a couple different videos, 15-20 seconds each, from different angles (and further distances), instead of the typical video out there of someone walking around from close distance.

For example, head-on 10-20 feet, and then 50' or so (or more).

45° angle from further distance than you did (20+ feet)

90° angle from further distance than you did (20+ feet)

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Ya know, the more and more I think about it... this concept would be AMAZING in the endcaps of my 911EP Millennium!! Those bars have been customized and the MR8/MR11 TD and alleys replaced with LR11's so it COULD work, just as you did, a lot of custom work would need to be done, but DAMN would it look sexy!!!!!!

millennium endcap.JPG

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Ya know, the more and more I think about it... this concept would be AMAZING in the endcaps of my 911EP Millennium!! Those bars have been customized and the MR8/MR11 TD and alleys replaced with LR11's so it COULD work, just as you did, a lot of custom work would need to be done, but DAMN would it look sexy!!!!!!

attachicon.gif
millennium endcap.JPG
Based on the size/range of the sweep mech and the small space in the endcaps of the Millennium, I dont think it would work. If you factor in the mount plate, the part inside the endcap that the bolt goes though, and the location of the circuit board in the bar/endcap, I just do not see the room. I will stick a sweep in one of my endcaps but, I dont know...

Edit: Put a sweep in an endcap, there is NO room for the sweep motor/mechanism.

Reactions: Storm4200

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Well, the LR11 sweeps weren't very reliable and kept getting hung up. Especially with the plow truck. Do, it was back to the drawing board. The rear is now RAAAR and uses extended corners and 3 LIN6s. The front is now AABTDBAA. It uses a SXTDLED, 2 LIN6s, short corners instead of the extended, so i could fit amber LR11s next to them. The bar also has white LR11 ally lights. Now im debating making it a WeCan bar. Lol. It never ends.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.