custom Mx 7000 with arjent leds ( snowplow)

ford-101

Mar 30, 2011
western ny
image.jpeg

This is my bar I built for my snowplow / dump truck at work. My truck already has a code 3 excalibur on it so I figured Mx 7000 would be the easiest to mount rather then the huge arjent ( ugly ) bar.

16 leds 2 halogen intersection sweeps all facing forward 

there is 2 high side 2 channel flasher. 1 controls lower section 2nd runs upper section. Im not a real big fan of these flashers. no way to sync the flashers together that I've been able to find. Will most likely find a different flasher image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Reactions: Dave F

ford-101

Mar 30, 2011
western ny
I wanted to keep the intersectors because leds are hard to see through hard snow fall or freezing rain. Plus they create enough heat to melt what build up on the lens

Reactions: Tony P

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great. I can't wait to see it with another flasher (that'll allow u to sync all of them together).

I think the next step now is just touching up the rear: maybe one more pair of lightheads and some reflective tape.... I would like to see some more rear warning that is a little more in line with a driver's eye level (either below the reverse lights or somewhere in the vicinity of the 4 lower brake lights) & some new DOT reflective tape. I know the bottom rear of the truck is a tough place to put the reflective tape (due to the beating it'll take down there or it being covered in crud a lot of the time), but I'm sure you can pick a spot a little higher up that'll work for the tape 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tony P

ford-101

Mar 30, 2011
western ny
Looks great. I can't wait to see it with another flasher (that'll allow u to sync all of them together).

I think the next step now is just touching up the rear: maybe one more pair of lightheads and some reflective tape.... I would like to see some more rear warning that is a little more in line with a driver's eye level (either below the reverse lights or somewhere in the vicinity of the 4 lower brake lights) & some new DOT reflective tape. I know the bottom rear of the truck is a tough place to put the reflective tape (due to the beating it'll take down there or it being covered in crud a lot of the time), but I'm sure you can pick a spot a little higher up that'll work for the tape 

completely agree with anther set of lightheads. As for reflective tape it would help to a extant.. When it snows the snow sticks like crazy to the tailgate. I was told today that I have a new sander coming to mount on the truck so I think that might be a good place for another set of lights

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.