Dash light which mounting position is better high or low?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
there are so many variables to your question that there is no real answer except personal preference...

:)

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
I did a search and didn't find anything solid which is why I ask THE PROFESSIONALS. I saw images but no reason why it was placed where it was. Everything has a standard, I'm just trying to find out what the industry standard is for particular things.:cool:

TactMedic

Oct 31, 2016
Canada
Personnally, I prefer to mount them in the upper part of the windshield. It will be more efficient when you are behind SUV's, trucks etc.

Reactions: Blake

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
there is no "standard", local laws, vehicle heights, windshield angles, etc etc etc... like i said above to many variables

obviously a jackep PU would not put a dashlight above the RVM... and a slammed ricer wouldn't put it on the dash... but then again its called a "Dash light" for a reason...

:)

Last edited:

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I'm a big fan of high, middle, and lower level lighting...

If you have a Lightbar... push a dash light on the dash...

Slick top... definitely up under the RVM... n if u have the funds. Why not stick one on the dash for that middle level lighting.

Also varies with what type of vehicle u have.

Your goal is to hit most drivers in the RVM. So depending on how high ur vehicle sits should also be a factor.

Why don't you tell us some more about your install and we can make recommendations. Pictures help too.

At the end of the day lighting positioning is a case by case basis for most upfitters based on budget, type of vehicle, use and personal preference.

Seth

Reactions: NVFD612

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
I've got an 07 Chevy Avalanche. Same height and everything as a Tahoe. Right now I have my dual avenger mounted right below the rvm with no other forward emergency lighting. My vehicle is used for security equipment installations and service.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.