Dashboard mounting question...

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm thinking of relocating my courtesy light down to the lower center windshield from the passenger side visor due to severe flashback. My biggest concern is going to be that with the light mounted there, 1) the vent on my impala will be block by the light which leads to concern 1a: might the light be damaged by excessive heat from the defroster and 2) obviously, with the vent being blocked, air won't flow to my windshield; I won't be able to defog my windshield any more, will I?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and by "courtesy light" we're going to hypothosise that your talking about some type of dash light in blue for your VFF work?

what kind is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

SCRob

Feb 2, 2011
SC
I have mounted an avenger over the defrost area with auto 3m adhesive tape before. Even with the defroster working full blast the window always defrosted and never melted my 3m adhesive tape. Also kinda looks concealed depending on where your windshield wipers are, you couldn't hardly see mine until I turned it on and it was hardly any light lost due to the wiper blades.

Oh and yes, what type of "courtesy light" is this? I hope you are one of those po-po wannabes, just teasing :p .

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
SCRob said:
I have mounted an avenger over the defrost area with auto 3m adhesive tape before. Even with the defroster working full blast the window always defrosted and never melted my 3m adhesive tape.

I had my Viper mounted the same way and it worked fine. I prob would have been ok with just suction cups but wanted to get a little more height on the front so I doubled it up. One thing is the light will most likely cover the automatic light sensor. It's not really a big deal, I just either had head and tail lights on or manually turned them off (no more DRLs).

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Jarred J. said:
and by "courtesy light" we're going to hypothosise that your talking about some type of dash light in blue for your VFF work?

what kind is it?

Yep...blue light special EMT...

For the record, it's a Dual Talon, that might wind up getting swapped out with a Dual Avenger, but that won't make much of a difference, I don't think.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.