Denali Quadrasteer POV

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Here is the current setup for my POV lighting and a walk around video....everything has been hardwired by yours truly. :)

FRONT

(1) Whelen Slim-Miser Red/White Dash Light

(2) Gen-I Red/Red Split LED Grille Lights

REAR

(1) Star Mini-Phantom Red/Red

(1) Star Mini-Phantom Red/White

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1750.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1747.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1741.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1733.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1731.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1711.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00306.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00293.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00301.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00298.jpg

Re-tinted taillights

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00370.jpg

Switch Panel

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00291.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00292.jpg

Scanner w/Flush Mount Antenna

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1699.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1696.jpg

Tapped AutoDim Mirror for Radar Detector power

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1693.jpg

200 Lumen Streamlight with charging station

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_102_1784.jpg

Rescue Hammer and gloves...(gloves moved to back seat)

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00322.jpg

Safety Vests folded and tucked in seat-back pockets

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00326.jpg

Previous set-up on my Tahoe

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00231.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00122.jpg

Totaled 2/8/11

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00266.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00262.jpg

VIDEO of lights

Last edited by a moderator:

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
TritonBoulder47 said:
Gorgeous bro... :thumbsup: Very nice install, clean and simple...

Thank you...looking to add some Tir-3s on the read license plate and trading the Red/White mini-phantom for a Red/Red

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
do the quadrasteers rear steer only at stop and low speeds? Very sharp ride.

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
How did you get the lights to show up in the pics like that?

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
kd0giz said:
do the quadrasteers rear steer only at stop and low speeds? Very sharp ride.

Rear steer works at opposite lock below 35 mph and will turn in parallel above 35 mph. I can turn the steering off if I want, and leave it on all the time. I will only turn it off when there is snow on the ground.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Bonanno said:
Thats a nice truck. Good job, oh and love those rims.

Thank man...appreciate it. The rims do set it off.

chono said:
Sweet truck!

With a truck like that all you could afford was gen I lights??

I had them on the Tahoe and they are bright and do just fine IMO

cameo89

May 24, 2010
S.W. Michigan
Very sharp lookin truck!

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
cameo89 said:
Very sharp lookin truck!

RMBROWN said:
sharp rig me likey.....

Appreciate it guys....I take pride in my install. An expert by no means, but I am proud that I did it myself.

I need to install a fuse/power block so it will be easier to add-on to the system.

cameo89

May 24, 2010
S.W. Michigan
What would be sweet is some atomic roof clearance leds, but.....they only have them for Fords rite now, its shows Chevy/GMC and Dodge coming soon. Maybe something to consider as a add on later down the rd.

SRVR77

Jun 11, 2010
NJ
wow very nice I'm going to even have to use the word.....Ballin'!!!!

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
cameo89 said:
What would be sweet is some atomic roof clearance leds, but.....they only have them for Fords rite now, its shows Chevy/GMC and Dodge coming soon. Maybe something to consider as a add on later down the rd.

Hopefully they come out with some that are red and are GM specific.

SRVR77 said:
wow very nice I'm going to even have to use the word.....Ballin'!!!!

:woot: Thank you

cameo89

May 24, 2010
S.W. Michigan
970tahoe said:
Hopefully they come out with some that are red and are GM specific.
or even better a dual color red/amber led, red flashing for pursuit mode and amber for normal running lights...

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
Very nice install. I don't like Gen-I LED's but I am a snob. Great truck, great install. Looks good overall.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
looks great, always loved the Quadrasteer vehicles! LP TIR3s should do nicely, any plans for wigwags? Probably be more effective than the Atomic lights.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
EMT said:
As a side-note, Mini-Phantoms are made by Star/SVP.

I just assumed...thanks for the heads up man.

whatevah said:
looks great, always loved the Quadrasteer vehicles! LP TIR3s should do nicely, any plans for wigwags? Probably be more effective than the Atomic lights.

We are not allowed to run wig-wags in the state of NC. Plus, I have HID lighting for High/Low/Fogs

horsepowerphoto said:
Dude that is one smart looking truck! Great job! Looks incredible.

Thank you very much

cameo89

May 24, 2010
S.W. Michigan
970tahoe said:
Plus, I have HID lighting for High/Low/Fogs

Did your truck come from the factory with HIDs? Also is your low beam a projector with a HID bulb installed?

I have installed DDM 6K HIDs in both my truck and Plow headlights, I love them, just not sure if I wanna go HIDs in the brights

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
ISU_Cyclone said:
Quadrasteer seems cool. Why did they stop making trucks with that feature?

It is great man....such a nice feature. They made it for 4 years then stopped because people didn't know about it. Why do you think you never saw more than two commercials about it. It was poor marketing on GM's part.

cameo89 said:
Did your truck come from the factory with HIDs? Also is your low beam a projector with a HID bulb installed?

I have installed DDM 6K HIDs in both my truck and Plow headlights, I love them, just not sure if I wanna go HIDs in the brights

No man, HIDs didn't come stock until 2006 and later on Escalades. I have DDM 5,000K. I had 6,000K in the Lows/Highs on my Tahoe....just do the 4 high mod so they stay on when you flip the high beams on. If you don't, when you flip to high beam, there will be a dark delay while they warm up while the lows turn off.

Station 3 said:

Thank you...

cameo89

May 24, 2010
S.W. Michigan
ok but your low beam is a projector, correct? if you dont mind me asking what bulb type did you use? H1

a buddy of mine just installed after market headlights on a 97 silverado, has low beam projectors, halos and leds, but the HID kit I installed a few weeks proier would not work, so I installed the 9006 in the high beam hole.

So question is what bulb/tube did you use for your projectors?

Thanks

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Yeah the Denali has projectors from the factory in the low beams. The reason the bulbs didn't work for you is because 9005 is the low beam, and 9006 is the High beam. They have different flanges and diameter holes.

cameo89

May 24, 2010
S.W. Michigan
970tahoe said:
Yeah the Denali has projectors from the factory in the low beams. The reason the bulbs didn't work for you is because 9005 is the low beam, and 9006 is the High beam. They have different flanges and diameter holes.

I know that the 9006 is low beam and 9005 is high beam, its just we had HIDs installed and he wanted to use them, so I changed the rubber washer on the tube/bulb and inserted it into the high beam hole, I was wondering if I ordered a H1 kit or just H1 bulbs will they fit in the projector hole?

I remember the H1 bulb for a standard fog light is kinda short and you need a long style H1 to pass through the projector housing, the after market head lights he ordered had pre-installed H1 bulbs in the projector holes, he just dont want the halogen light at all.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
cameo89 said:
I know that the 9006 is low beam and 9005 is high beam, its just we had HIDs installed and he wanted to use them, so I changed the rubber washer on the tube/bulb and inserted it into the high beam hole, I was wondering if I ordered a H1 kit or just H1 bulbs will they fit in the projector hole?

I remember the H1 bulb for a standard fog light is kinda short and you need a long style H1 to pass through the projector housing, the after market head lights he ordered had pre-installed H1 bulbs in the projector holes, he just dont want the halogen light at all.

Might have to take a gamble and order them to see if they are the same length.

wwhite0626 said:
very nice, simple yet effective

Thanks man....contemplating switching grille lights and putting the Gen Is in the extended cab windows and adding some rear lights on the bumper

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Really, really not a fan of tinted taillights (unless the vehicle is strictly for show, and never driven on roads)

Something about the rear reflectors being darkened, and the rear light output being blocked.. even if only by 5 %. More so if its being used for emergency response..

Other than that, I want your truck. :thumbsup:

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Code3EMT said:
That truck is tough!

:cool: That's what I was going for....thanks man

unlisted said:
Really, really not a fan of tinted taillights (unless the vehicle is strictly for show, and never driven on roads)

Something about the rear reflectors being darkened, and the rear light output being blocked.. even if only by 5 %. More so if its being used for emergency response..

Other than that, I want your truck. :thumbsup:

Thank you...you will have to pry the keys from my kung fu death grip if you want the truch haha:D

I like the look smoked lights on a dark vehicle, and you would be surprised how little the reflector is affected. Some overdo the tinting and it is barely visible with light output at night. Those are BlackBerry pics of the rear, so it is really a candy red rather than a straight black in person. But to each his own and I understand where you are coming from. If I were allowed to run LAWS then I would not have tinted tails.

I am however putting LED replacement bulbs in.

Mrlunchbox said:
Slick ride my man!!

Thank you kindly

Medic20 said:
Sweet truck!!!!!

:yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.