Denali Quadrasteer POV

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Sexyness. Love the truck, while we've restarted the dead thread might as well as if you've done any changes or added anything to your ride?

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
slalom196 said:
that is SO sweet, how did you mount the mini phantoms in the rear? I am looking to do that on a 2005 colorado regular cab

They were just held up by the headrests...I lined them up with the heat wire in the glass to make sure they were level. I have since then pulled them out after tinting the windows more.

Mrlunchbox said:
Another newbie! hahaha

Yeah...quite the jumpstart haha

spc2315 said:
Sexyness. Love the truck, while we've restarted the dead thread might as well as if you've done any changes or added anything to your ride?

I have...I took the phantoms out of the rear and wired them into a buddies truck I'll have to get some pics of that. I now have two Feniex 4-LED heads under the tailgate. Even more brighter and more stealth than before.

runesson said:
Nice truck!! ...but you´re lacking in front intersection- and side-warning.

Thank you, I haven't found a way to mount anything that doesn't stand out. It ALL has to be invisible to the untrained eye.

Luismariadarlene said:
very nice truck, looks clean and simple

Thank you

firefighter7017 said:
Beautiful truck. What part of NC are you in?

Thanks man...I'm in Banner Elk. Avery Co.

RES347CUE said:
Very sweet looking truck !

Thanks

5309 said:
very nice
I appreciate it

firedude said:
Awesome job! :thumbsup:
Gracias

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Darth D....

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG_0514.jpg

Here is the placement of the new rear lights. Pretty powerful....I might have to tint them.

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG_0494.jpg

I also redid my switch panel so that it looks more OEM

BEFORE

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG00292.jpg

AFTER

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG_0487_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Wait... Are you in NC or CO? I know you have talked about NC before and your location is NC but ya have CO plates... Just through me off, lol.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Yeah I live in NC but still have CO plates and registration. I go back quite a bit so I can still legally have it registered there and have the truck here.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Ah, sneaky sneaky, lol. I know police departments here have cars with out of state plates.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
So in an effort to make the lights even more stealth, I changed up the location of my slim-miser and put it up closer to the headliner. The tint hides the suction cup mount and drops the light just below that and it blends in quite nicely.

BEFORE

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_IMG_0488.jpg

AFTER

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_photo_43.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_photo_45.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_photo_44.jpg

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Here is the old setup of my Denali. I have since swapped the Axixtech Gen I grille lights for R/W Axixtech MS6BH lights. I have also swapped out the rear lights to R/R Axixtech MS3BH lights to get rid of the clear to rear.

So I installed a Brookings Industries BR-990 in the space where my factory 6-disc would be. I purchased it from Extreme Tactical Dynamics. I have it wired correctly, but for some reason, the backlights on the legends will not turn off. I have removed the 18ga ignition wire from its source, and it remains on (2 days at this point) I am about to wire in a switch to the ground so that it won't run my battery down.

The switch is super simple with an 8awg main power line, (6) 16awg load lines and an 18awg ignition and ground line.

There has got to be something I am missing here. Any ideas on how to get the switches to operate as they should?

Switches

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_switch1.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_switch.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_switch2.jpg

Lights

Grill

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_light5.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_light4.jpg

Wheel well

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_light3.jpg

Visor

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii211_garvikda_light.jpg

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Gorgeous truck man! I feel like I have seen it on FSC before? I believe it was when I was researching switchbacks for the front of my 01 2500hd...

:drooling: :thumbsup: Very nice!

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
unlisted said:
Really, really not a fan of tinted taillights (unless the vehicle is strictly for show, and never driven on roads)

Something about the rear reflectors being darkened, and the rear light output being blocked.. even if only by 5 %. More so if its being used for emergency response..

Other than that, I want your truck. :thumbsup:

I agree about the taillights. When I was a LEO I used to pull people over for that all the time. One kid used regular black paint.

I think it is a sharp looking truck

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice. I'm looking forward to the updated vid. I would like to see you replace the slimmiser with a genIII light, have something for rear window warning (ie a slimlighter or an ultra lite), and see solid red (not split grill lights. As far as the wheel well lights, I've never been a big fan of those, personally, but to each his own

970tahoe said:
Any ideas on how to get the switches to operate as they should?

Yeah, don't buy anything through ETD (sorry, I couldn't resist lol)

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
7d9_z28 said:
Gorgeous truck man! I feel like I have seen it on FSC before? I believe it was when I was researching switchbacks for the front of my 01 2500hd...

:drooling: :thumbsup: Very nice!

Thank you, thank you

I have an account on there. I haven't logged in in quite some time. I frequent GMFullsize over FSC.

Eric1249 said:
I agree about the taillights. When I was a LEO I used to pull people over for that all the time. One kid used regular black paint.

I think it is a sharp looking truck

I haven't had tinted tails for over two years now....

pdk9 said:
Nice. I'm looking forward to the updated vid. I would like to see you replace the slimmiser with a genIII light, have something for rear window warning (ie a slimlighter or an ultra lite), and see solid red (not split grill lights. As far as the wheel well lights, I've never been a big fan of those, personally, but to each his own

Yeah, don't buy anything through ETD (sorry, I couldn't resist lol)

Rear window warning won't happen. I have 5% over factory and love dark tint. I really needed intersection warning and could not put the lights in the bumper or elsewhere. I want all lighting to be very very inconspicuous to the untrained eye.

And as far as ETD goes...I have since learned my lesson

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
Eric1249 said:
The tail lligts looked tinted in one of the pics. I like the dashlight up to the right.

They were when I bought the truck. Quickly changed that up. Thanks for the comments. I too like the new placement.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
eng18ine said:
beautiful. im not a fan of mini phantoms or slimmisers at all but if it works for you. great. truck looks amazing. i didnt know a quadrasteer could look good

Thanks. Go to page two. I no longer have the mini phantoms and have changed the rear warning.

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
It is a pre-packaged dispenser that holds 10 pairs. It has a belt clip that can go on the visor too. I just stuff more gloves in when it's empty.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.