Deputy Sheriff James I. Thacker, Pike County Sheriff's Department, Kentucky

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA

[TR=bgcolor: transparent]

[TD=bgcolor: transparent]
awww.odmp.org_media_image_officer_21104_c_deputy_sheriff_james_thacker.jpg [/TD]
awww.odmp.org_media_image_agency_3116_3116.jpg [/TD]
[/TR]

[h=4]Deputy Sheriff[/h][h=3]James I. Thacker[/h]Pike County Sheriff's Department, Kentucky

End of Watch: Monday, January 23, 2012

[h=4]Bio & Incident Details[/h]Age: 53

Tour: Not available

Badge # 71

Cause: Automobile accident

Incident Date: 1/23/2012

Weapon: Not available

Suspect: Not available

· Leave a Reflection

·
Add to My Heroes

·
Update this memorial

Share this memorial:

awww.odmp.org_images_icon_printer.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_facebook.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_twitter.png

Deputy Sheriff James Thacker was killed in an automobile accident on U.S. 460, just past Marrowbone Creek Road, at approximately 9:00 pm.

He was returning to Elkhorn City from Pikeville at the end of his shift when an SUV crossed the center line and struck his patrol car head-on. The SUV then collided with another vehicle. Deputy Thacker succumbed to his injuries at the scene.

awww.odmp.org_images_stars.pngPlease contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Sheriff Charles Keesee

Pike County Sheriff's Department

146 Main Street #204

Pikeville, KY 41501

Phone: (606) 432-6260

Read more:

sean

Jul 2, 2010
Lexington, KY
Ben E. said:

[TR=bgcolor: transparent]

awww.odmp.org_media_image_officer_21104_c_deputy_sheriff_james_thacker.jpg [/TD]
awww.odmp.org_media_image_agency_3116_3116.jpg [/TD]
[/TR]

[h=4]Deputy Sheriff[/h][h=3]James I. Thacker[/h]Pike County Sheriff's Department, Kentucky

End of Watch: Monday, January 23, 2012

[h=4]Bio & Incident Details[/h]Age: 53

Tour: Not available

Badge # 71

Cause: Automobile accident

Incident Date: 1/23/2012

Weapon: Not available

Suspect: Not available

· Leave a Reflection

·
Add to My Heroes

·
Update this memorial

Share this memorial:

awww.odmp.org_images_icon_printer.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_facebook.png awww.odmp.org_images_icon_twitter.png

Deputy Sheriff James Thacker was killed in an automobile accident on U.S. 460, just past Marrowbone Creek Road, at approximately 9:00 pm.

He was returning to Elkhorn City from Pikeville at the end of his shift when an SUV crossed the center line and struck his patrol car head-on. The SUV then collided with another vehicle. Deputy Thacker succumbed to his injuries at the scene.

awww.odmp.org_images_stars.pngPlease contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Sheriff Charles Keesee

Pike County Sheriff's Department

146 Main Street #204

Pikeville, KY 41501

Phone: (606) 432-6260

Read more:

Tragic. I don't know if KSP has said the driver was ETOH or not?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.