Diagram for 911EP CID box

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
Does anyune have the connection diagram for newre 911 EP Millenium CID? The manual on the website is for the older box. The one I have is newer, with a sticker over the connections for the bar, changing the Blue white red black terminals to red black red black, and I don't want to fry the box, or the bar.

Clarence

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
if the cid box you have dont look like the one on there install guides you have a older one. the one they have on there website install pdf's is the newest style before they ended it.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
chuck_raduenz said:
if the cid box you have dont look like the one on there install guides you have a older one. the one they have on there website install pdf's is the newest style before they ended it.

The one I just got has the red black black red deal... Im confused as well

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Yeah mines the other one. Its alot smaller than i thought. But i figured it out. The smaller red and black are lightbar comm, bigger are power/ground. My lightbar has two cables out it I thought it was supposed to be one

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
all the millenniums have 2 seperate cables 2 are for power and 2 are for comm wires for the operation on the functions. however the last millennium bars and or the newer cables they used it was one large cable but had the power/ground/sheild wires in the back cable along with a white smaller cable about the size of a cat5 wire that had the blue/white/sheild wire in it in the same black cable. that is fine if all your wires run to one area but not if you run the power wire to the trunk or engine compartment and the com wires to the console or opisite area of the power wires.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
chuck_raduenz said:
all the millenniums have 2 seperate cables 2 are for power and 2 are for comm wires for the operation on the functions. however the last millennium bars and or the newer cables they used it was one large cable but had the power/ground/sheild wires in the back cable along with a white smaller cable about the size of a cat5 wire that had the blue/white/sheild wire in it in the same black cable. that is fine if all your wires run to one area but not if you run the power wire to the trunk or engine compartment and the com wires to the console or opisite area of the power wires.

Yeah this one has a piece of convoluted tube over the two wires until they come in the vehicle (probably previous owner) but its nice, looks like one cable comes out of the light.

chuck, Whats the story on the 911ep/smith&wesson connection? Do all millenniums have smith&wesson endcaps?

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
ya. i forgot to say the convoluted tubeing is a oem thing. that came with the 2 seperate cables as well. think it was an idea to aid in water proofing. when iv pressure tested some millenniums the air would come out the black tubeing.

as for the smith and wesson end caps. no they that was only a short time thing. it had to do with sponsering i beleve. iv only see those end caps of the millenniums round the 2002yr. the name isent found on any of the new end caps.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
chuck_raduenz said:
ya. i forgot to say the convoluted tubeing is a oem thing. that came with the 2 seperate cables as well. think it was an idea to aid in water proofing. when iv pressure tested some millenniums the air would come out the black tubeing.

as for the smith and wesson end caps. no they that was only a short time thing. it had to do with sponsering i beleve. iv only see those end caps of the millenniums round the 2002yr. the name isent found on any of the new end caps.

Then that more than likely dates my bar. I have those caps, and IIRC the bar is all original

chuck_raduenz

Jun 14, 2010
eden valley mn
id also be willing to bet the end cap led stacks arent hybrid type either. by that i mean where the center led you can see and the 2 outer leds are coverd by horizontial lines for light dispersing. the older endcap led stack leds all 3 are visable.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
chuck_raduenz said:
id also be willing to bet the end cap led stacks arent hybrid type either. by that i mean where the center led you can see and the 2 outer leds are coverd by horizontial lines for light dispersing. the older endcap led stack leds all 3 are visable.

You got it, no light dispersion here... But I do have room for one more module stack in each end cap.. this bar has the dual alleys, and two stacks per endcap

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
chuck_raduenz said:
yup yours would be the 2nd style of millenniums. here is the first type http://elightbars.org/forums/f18/realy-old-911ep-millennium-bar-20804/ the last type made before they discontunied them in 05 was the hybrid lenses and whent to single ally and tds the the end caps.

I saw that thread before, I did ALOT of millennium research on this site! Primary reason for joining, actually. I really like the dual alleys. although, the rearward ones are programmed as rear work lights right now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.