Did I break my speaker?

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
A few days ago I had to test two speakers that I got. I undid the wiring under my hood so I could use the siren in my car to test it. When I was done testing, I accidently messed up the wiring to the speakers under my hood. Now, I use a Unitrol Omega 90 and when I was doing dual wail and yelp, I could hear an unusual sound coming from under the hood.

Is it possible when I messed up the polarities, I ruined the speakers? Now its possible I wired the ground from one speaker and the positive wire to a totally different speaker.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Most of the Unitrols (80 K and Omega) were designed so there was a blocking diode so there wouldn't be any damage to the siren amp, and the speakers were not usually dependent on polarity, just attaching two speaker wires.

I would check to see if you had a loose connection or a wire grounding out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.