Dietz 7-11 with new NA Signal 400 Domes

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So after much wrangling with NA signal my domes arrive... woohoo!

I can confirm that the 400X series domes do fit the 7-11 no problem.

I originally ordered a Green, and Clear dome. Apparently Green is no longer available, but their website still had it. After much tomfoolery on NA's part I swapped the Green for a Blue and here they are.

20140228_180423.jpg

Reactions: kadetklapp

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That Dietz looks great now! I find it stupid that they gave you so much hassle over one part. I guess it was too hard to take your word for it on their end.

David

May 21, 2010
Tennessee
It looks great. I just got two of their domes this week, a red and a blue to put on a pair of Dietz 2-11 beacons that I purchased with severely cracked red domes. They ran about $40 each, I think shipping was a little under $10. It is annoying that they don't tell you the shipping price on the website until you place the order, but I can now say from experience that they are quite reasonable. I was thinking about getting a green dome just for grins, but I guess that's not possible anymore.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
unlisted said:
How much did a dome run ya? I really should purchase one..

I think it was $87.xx shipped for 2 domes (clear & blue)

Godspeed... lol you'll need it with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
empire5150 said:
Any pics of the blue one?

The blue dome is meant for 1 of my Fed 184s but here it is on the 7-11

20140301_114126.jpg

MARSMAN

Jun 14, 2011
LAS VEGAS NV. USA
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
So after much wrangling with NA signal my domes arrive... woohoo!
I can confirm that the 400X series domes do fit the 7-11 no problem.

I originally ordered a Green, and Clear dome. Apparently Green is no longer available, but their website still had it. After much tomfoolery on NA's part I swapped the Green for a Blue and here they are.

It would be nice if Dietz domes were still made or if someone else made them. Every time I have gotten a hold of a Dietz light the domes are broken.

:mad:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
MARSMAN said:
It would be nice if Dietz domes were still made or if someone else made them. Every time I have gotten a hold of a Dietz light the domes are broken.
:mad:

Well if your looking for a replacement, don't wait too long NA made it pretty clear this is old tech and didn't want to be bothered.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
Well if your looking for a replacement, don't wait too long NA made it pretty clear this is old tech and didn't want to be bothered.

Then how they hell do they expect to keep running a business if they want to be d-bags to the customer and not help? I'd just order the domes online instead of talking to them. Did that with a 250-33 dome for a beacon I sold a while back. Quick and painless ;) .

Domes On North American Signal Co.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.