Dietz Omni-Chief? on armslist, $125 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Nice try.......This should be in the hacked light bar section. The original had par bulbs as rotators. But it looks like it could be a great restore project.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Obviously it is hard to tell from these photos, but the rotators to appear to be uniform...same style bracket placing them in the tray, appears to be the same distance away from the end of the bar. Could just be newer than you have seen.

Jun 18, 2013
PA

I know of 2 of these bars both owned by the same person near me,  and he is probably on the horn with this guy anyway,  just to get the domes.

Both of his bars are sealed beams..  the rotators are too modern for a 1979 bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Very cool bar, like mentioned above probably worth its weight in gold for those domes to the right person..

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
This is probably a custom user end modification, and here is why.  There are brackets for exterior takedowns at the far edge of the bar.  These are at the end because the bar had the sealed beam rotators more inboard.  It is unlikely that the rotators were blocked by the takedowns.  More likely is that the takedowns were removed when the new rotators were added.  Still, the bar is worth something in domes.  There is a small chance that this bar is a later model with newer rotators and the takedowns did block the rotators and were removed.  Really we need to see if the rotators are obviously another company's. They look like streethawk or aerodynic rotators to me.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Same seller I assume..

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
It's not an Omni Chief, and the ad even says it's a Federal Twinsonic, but it is actually a Cheetah bar, which was manufactured in the NW area of the US and was popular in Oregon and Washington.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
What Wmreader said and that its a Frankenbar...  

I know of at least 1 person who would pay that just for the domes if they are workable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.