Difference between V-Shaped lightbars from FS.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Vector, can use any switchbox, standard lightbar functions. Smart Vector, has at least 2 smart pods that can act as alleys, flashers, takedowns, or rotators depending on programming, also controlled thru a standard switchbox. Vision, completely programmable, unlimited possibilities. Requires the Vision controller, same appearance as the SS2000, but interfaces to the Vision with a CAT5 cable.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Yeah, I guess they could call the entire V-shaped line the Vector.

- Viewpoint = Split Vector

- Vision = SuperVector

- 3-pod Vector = Mini Vector

- IVP (individual Vector pod) = Micro Vector

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
ethator said:
This should be a sticky.
+1

VECTOR:

In 7 pods. You can have rotators in 3 speeds, forward and intersection oscillators, front and rear flashers, takedown and alley lights, and a built-in arrow stick. The most common standard model includes two 95 FPM rotators, three 175 FPM rotators, rear flashers, two takedown lights, alley lights, and a built-in arrowstick.

SMART VECTOR: In 7 pods. The same as the Vector, but with two "smart pods" which can be controlled to rotate, steady burn as takedown or alley lights, oscillate, or flash.

VISION: 7 smart pods with several preset flash patterns. A LOT of user-controllability.

3-POD VECTOR:

A Vector with 3 pods and the same custom options. The most common standard model includes two 95 FPM rotators and one 175 FPM rotator.

VIEWPOINT:

One-sided split Vector with 3 or 4 pods each for a total of 6 or 8. Meant for use on big vehicles like fire trucks. Similar options to full Vector. 2x4-pod standard models include, on each side, two 95 FPM rotators and either two front oscillators or two 175 FPM rotators.

IVP:

Individual Vector Pod. Only available with a 175 FPM rotator. May also include a rear-facing flasher, or hose-bed light for use on fire trucks. (If it has a hose bed light, it must be mounted on the rear, backwards, with the sloped side facing toward the rear of the truck)

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Has anyone successfully converted an IVP to a mag-mount beacon? Obviously it would be hard to do with the auxiliary light version, but is there something about the one-rotator model that would preclude it?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Stendec said:
Has anyone successfully converted an IVP to a mag-mount beacon? Obviously it would be hard to do with the auxiliary light version, but is there something about the one-rotator model that would preclude it?
RJ* said:
And a 5 pod version also exists.
The magnetic IVP and the 5-pod Vector are VAMA products, sold in Europe - I intentionally didn't mention that in the list above. (Also I think the Vision and Smart Vector aren't available in Europe)

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
nerdly_dood said:
+1

VECTOR:

In 7 pods. You can have rotators in 3 speeds, forward and intersection oscillators, front and rear flashers, takedown and alley lights, and a built-in arrow stick. The most common standard model includes two 95 FPM rotators, three 175 FPM rotators, rear flashers, two takedown lights, alley lights, and a built-in arrowstick.

SMART VECTOR: In 7 pods. The same as the Vector, but with two "smart pods" which can be controlled to rotate, steady burn as takedown or alley lights, oscillate, or flash.

VISION: 7 smart pods with several preset flash patterns. A LOT of user-controllability.

3-POD VECTOR:

A Vector with 3 pods and the same custom options. The most common standard model includes two 95 FPM rotators and one 175 FPM rotator.

VIEWPOINT:

One-sided split Vector with 3 or 4 pods each for a total of 6 or 8. Meant for use on big vehicles like fire trucks. Similar options to full Vector. 2x4-pod standard models include, on each side, two 95 FPM rotators and either two front oscillators or two 175 FPM rotators.

IVP:

Individual Vector Pod. Only available with a 175 FPM rotator. May also include a rear-facing flasher, or hose-bed light for use on fire trucks. (If it has a hose bed light, it must be mounted on the rear, backwards, with the sloped side facing toward the rear of the truck)

Are you sure? My FD has a rescue with two of these on the back and they are regular speed.

Dan

opskmallory

Jun 14, 2010
Utah
Idaho State Police (used to) have Vectors on their cars, but I don't remember which model. A feature I found very neat was the ability to use the Takedown/Alley pods as rotatable spot lights. A seperate pair of toggle switches were used. One was a 3 position/middle off toggle. This was used to select the left or the right pod. When in the middle off position, they were controlled by the primary controller and would flash/rotate as originally designed. The second was a 2 position momentary toggle. If you clicked it to the left, the pod reflector would rotate counter clockwise, directing light in that direction. Clicking to the right, did the same but clockwise.

I always thought that setup was pretty cool, and useful from what I observed in the couple of ride-alongs I did with them.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
opskmallory said:
Idaho State Police (used to) have Vectors on their cars, but I don't remember which model. A feature I found very neat was the ability to use the Takedown/Alley pods as rotatable spot lights. A seperate pair of toggle switches were used. One was a 3 position/middle off toggle. This was used to select the left or the right pod. When in the middle off position, they were controlled by the primary controller and would flash/rotate as originally designed. The second was a 2 position momentary toggle. If you clicked it to the left, the pod reflector would rotate counter clockwise, directing light in that direction. Clicking to the right, did the same but clockwise.

I always thought that setup was pretty cool, and useful from what I observed in the couple of ride-alongs I did with them.
Those are Smart Vectors.

http://lavender.fortunecity.com/westsid ... ars/id.htm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.