DNR Tahoe Missing Lights

rroeyc

Aug 2, 2010
I Recently purchased this 2002 Chevy Tahoe from the DNR. It is missing a light on each fender, where there is a hole now. The hole measures 6 1/2" x 2 3/4" (the screws are 6 1/2" x 2 1/4" apart). I was hoping somebody could tell me what kind of lights I need to replace them and point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ryan

DSC01883.JPG

DSC01891.JPG

DSC01893.JPG

DSC01882.JPG

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
If the vehicle is a DNR I don't think you are allowed to fill those holes..... ie do not resuscitate

emtspruitt

May 25, 2010
Huntsville, AL
JohnMarcson said:
If the vehicle is a DNR I don't think you are allowed to fill those holes..... ie do not resuscitate

John,

That was my first thought too.....guess that what being on the ambulance for 24 hours gets me......plus seeing the clock every hour on the hour from 2300-0400......made for a long shift.

But I agree looks like Whelen 700 series to me too

H.A.

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
I emailed this post link to Andy. He did the install on the vehicle. He'll be able to help you. It was replaced with that sweet Tahoe he posted pics of a while ago.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Those holes had Whelen 7E Strobes in them.

Here is the truck with the original grille guard and before it had reflective stripes.

[ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_alundborg_SLSP_16_01_16_01_First_Day1.jpg

What else would you like to know about the truck? I spec'd that thing out back when it was new..... Did you buy it for a daily driver?????

Shadow-D

Jul 3, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
My question is how does he know it's the same truck?

I know when I bought my Bronco years ago, I found 1 picture of the 5 or 6 Broncos the police agency used and it just happened to be the one I bought. I could tell because the rear bumper was slightly bent in the picture and on my truck...

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Because that was the ONLY 2002 Tahoe owned by the DNR with a lift kit. And if the op wants to post the VIN I can confirm it - heck, I'd even bet my next years worth of paychecks its one in the same.

Shadow-D said:
My question is how does he know it's the same truck?
I know when I bought my Bronco years ago, I found 1 picture of the 5 or 6 Broncos the police agency used and it just happened to be the one I bought. I could tell because the rear bumper was slightly bent in the picture and on my truck...

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
Just from what I've seen and with the DNR vehicles I've done at work, that truck was used at the sand dunes (which one I don't know) It got the extra lights to be seen better. You could cover the holes with sheet metal and paint to match or get 700 series lights to fill the holes (looking at that photo of one in service as reference) They only get one or two of those a year (so I've heard)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.