Do any of you radio gurus know anything about this antenna??

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Here is the link to the manufacturer's page. http://www.sti-co.com/antenna-products/ ... r-antenna/

Do any of you radio gurus know anything about this antenna, specifically performance issues, good or bad. I am trying to find an antenna to put on my car for my VHF Kenwood that won't stick out like a sore thumb. If this one isn't any good, can I get some suggestions on where to look? I don't really want a quarter wave as it just don't look right on a 07 Ford Taurus. Let me know. Thanks.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Bad. Trust me on this one. Shitty range as well.

Look into a AM/FM disguised antenna if you want a covert type look..

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
I didn't figure it would be that good considering it's mounted in under the bumper. The whole reason for the question...lol!!! I have looked at the OEM style coverts and I haven't ruled them out yet. I will keep on looking around and maybe find something I can use. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know!!!

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
For a 07 taurus get the sti-co OEM look antenna . We have used those muliple times in VHF and VHF/UHF dual band . I ve always had good luck ..Little pricy but worth it.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Respondcode3 said:
For a 07 taurus get the sti-co OEM look antenna . We have used those muliple times in VHF and VHF/UHF dual band . I ve always had good luck ..Little pricy but worth it.
Little pricey is right. Cheapest I have found in those is $355. If you know where I can get one cheaper, please let me know!!!!

Radio Tech

May 27, 2010
Vermont
A little late is better than never...

But some of the federal vehicles have their antennas mounted up through the rear deck. The antenna sticks up only a few inches, and isn't noticable with a ball cap over it, but it also exposes you to a lot more RF..... :|

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.