Do takedowns and alleys flash on legends?

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
I guess I should of clarified better. I do know they flash. But on 6 button controller setups? I'm guessing it's a certain programming, 1 of the 6?

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
Yes they do. You just have to use the wires to program it. I believe flashing alleys and takedowns is black and red wires.

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
chono said:
Yes they do. You just have to use the wires to program it. I believe flashing alleys and takedowns is black and red wires.

Hey thanks for the info. What do you mean using the wire to program it? Internally? I have a + - and phone jack cable exiting bar.

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
SNOW SYSTEMS said:
Hey thanks for the info. What do you mean using the wire to program it? Internally? I have a + - and phone jack cable exiting bar.

He is referring to the Serial Interface Box, which is a type of break-out box that allows connections to regular mechanical ("non-serial"?) switches. You have the 6-Button Controller, it replaces the SIB and provides more of a plug-n-play experience. However, you are limited to the pre-programmed libraries in the 6-Button Controller.

NOTE: The original 6-Button Controller offered a keypad library of 6 Configurations. The newer models offer a kepyad library of 18 Configurations. See: http://www.fedsig.com/docs/M9003_3and6_Button_Controller.pdf

I only see one (#6) that should work; #13 might work.

To program Library #6:

1) make sure the Slide Switch is in OFF

2) hold top 3 buttons until beep/flash

3) push the bottom right-hand button (#6) to lock in Library #6.

Its not as confusing as it sounds, see http://www.fedsig.com/docs/2562360.pdf, pg 4.

The Slide Switch must be set before programming

POS OFF to choose #1-#6

POS 1 to choose #7-#12

POS 2 to choose #13-#18

So, Library #13 would be Slide Switch in POS2, then choose the top row, left button.

Flash patterns can also be chosen in a similar manner by using the bottom 3 buttons, but for that I would have to re-read the manual.

PM me of you need more help.

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
Thanks dcb. That explains it! I think I have the first generation box cuz the manual shows 6 pre defined modes only. Darn it. I tried 5 and 6 but no takedowns flash on mode 3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.