Dodge charger horn function

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have a 09dodge charger. The horn was hooked up to a whelen 295hf100 but when the unit is powered on it automatically starts cycling. Any thoughts? I got frustrated and disconnected it and re spliced the wire but now my vehicle horn doesn't function. Anyone know if/where the fuse is for the vehicle horn?

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Sounds like a polarity issue. Check the settings on your siren, most sirens have a switch for positive or negative polarity. Fuse box is located in the trunk next to the battery.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Do you have the police package Charger? If so, we carry modules that will work with the horn ring transfer function plus a host of other options. It's all listed in our website.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
zacmtz7 said:
I do have a police package, but I have spliced into the horn so don't need a module, thanks though.

Where did you splice in? On the Charger with that Whelen siren, you must splice in at the horns under the hood and NOT at the steering column. Whelen sirens use positive polarity for horn ring activation, so you must tie in after the relay, and not before it, or use an EVModules adapter.

There are 3 fuse boxes on the police package model, one in the trunk next to the battery as MPD818 stated, one under the hood on the passenger side in front of the strut tower and one under the passenger side foot well attached to the filler panel under the glovebox.

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I spliced in @ the horn. I have checked al three fuse boxes and can't find a blown fuse, or the horn fuse in the owner's manual.

Last edited by a moderator:

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
zacmtz7 said:
I spliced in @ the horn. I have checked al three fuse boxes and can't find a blown fuse, or the horn fuse in the owner's manual.

Did you check this one?

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5204_5243526887_0565b4ba69_z.png

Also, check positions 6 and 9 in that box (15 amp front control module) because that also controls the power to the horn relay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.