Dodge Durango POV

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Other than a HLF and replacing the Stl stuff I would like larger grille lights but that's me. Over all I like it.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I agree a HLF would be a nice addition.  I can't believe how some people drill into their bumper covers.
I don't really see the issue with it. Sure it potentially decreases resale value, but besides that it allows for good placement of warning lights. I know I don't plan on getting rid of my vehicle until it dies so I'm not worried about resale at all.

Reactions: 7d9_z28

Dwrek427

Jan 4, 2012
Kentucky
That's my POV. I can't find a headlight flasher due to it having to be Vehicle Specific. The STL lights were removed and I replaced the TIR3 grill lights with LINZ3's. I also added Hide a ways in the taillights and reverse lights. I plan on getting HG2 runners or an equivalent soon. Video to come later. Thanks.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That's my POV. I can't find a headlight flasher due to it having to be Vehicle Specific. The STL lights were removed and I replaced the TIR3 grill lights with LINZ3's. I also added Hide a ways in the taillights and reverse lights. I plan on getting HG2 runners or an equivalent soon. Video to come later. Thanks.
Why does the HLF have to be vehicle specific? I wouldn't waste the money on HG2s or runners period. If you must, look in to Feniex's version.

Dwrek427

Jan 4, 2012
Kentucky
If I put a non specific flasher in. It will fry my computer system in the truck. Just asked a fellow EVT and he informed me that Soundoff signal makes a Durango Headlight flasher specific for my year Durango. Never had a problem with HG2, can't say the same with Feniex... Uploading video as we speak.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
If I put a non specific flasher in. It will fry my computer system in the truck. Just asked a fellow EVT and he informed me that Soundoff signal makes a Durango Headlight flasher specific for my year Durango. Never had a problem with HG2, can't say the same with Feniex... Uploading video as we speak.
He speaks the truth. A buddy of mine had a Durango that he bought a standard headlight flasher for without doing research. It had a disclaimer in the box specifically stating that it could not be used on Dodge Durangos.

Reactions: kabsher8093

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Not a bad set up.  While larger grill lights are always good, in this case, the ones in place are fine because there is a dash light and a visor bar.  As for the HLF, yes, the Durango is one of the most picky vehicles when it comes to HLF's.  I did a few of that and the previous body style, and put a HLF on the fog lights instead of messing with the headlights.  With the height of the Durango, putting an alternating flasher on the fog lights works very well.  So that is my suggestion.

Dwrek427

Jan 4, 2012
Kentucky
The Hide a ways are 2 different brands so I can't sync then per say but I will find a much more effect pattern. I like the idea of wiring up the fogs to a hlf. I will look into it.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
as far as a HLF i think the fog lights are a poor place for them. Think about the reflector buckets. a fog light reflector just disperses light everywhere. A high beam reflector bucket aims the light specifically higher and further. The reason a HLF is so effective is because it puts the light right in your face. Our FDs utility (F350) has the HLF connected to the fog lights and they are absolutely USELESS. For the current it draws, youd be better off shutting them off. HLF in the highbeam, or dont do it. 

As far as the HG2 runners go, i think theyre useless. IMO, if you put 3 Feniex R/W Cannons along the running boards you can have them flash R/W, and then when you open the door, they could all steady burn white for ground lighting. 1/2 the price, twice as effective.

i like the three levels of lighting in the front. I would rather see you omit the dash and clean it up, Id, put mirror beams instead. You could use the LIN3s from your grill and replace them with a pair of solid red M4s. 

For the rear, Id like to see a full stick R/A/R, ideally exterior mounted so the tint doesnt render it useless. A pair of R/W M2s would look great on either side of the LP, especially if you could sync them to the rear LAWs (Think ULF external flasher) 

Just some thoughts. Rig looks great so far 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.