Dodge grille led wiring questions

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Hey guys I have a question on where and how you guys run your wires for dodge trucks with grille leds. Being the grille opens with the hood I know where I want to run the wires, but I don't want them getting pinched on anything. Pics would be nice. Thanks.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I have the lights on brackets and know how I want to hang them, but I am curious how you guys make the transition from the hood to the body of the truck? I just don't want the wire pinched to tight or anything like that.

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
I just mounted them to the front of the grill with large washers on the backside of the grill. Then ran the wires through the hood shell and out at The base by the hinge. Then through plastic loom by the hinge. No pinch issue if you pay attention to routing. Pm me your email and ill send a pic tomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
dcarrfire45 said:
I just mounted them to the front of the grill with large washers on the backside of the grill. Then ran the wires through the hood shell and out at The base by the hinge. Then through plastic loom by the hinge. No pinch issue if you pay attention to routing. Pm me your email and ill send a pic tomorrow

This is exactly, to the T, of what I did. Follow the curves, and zip tie everything. I too do not have pictures, but fairly simple.

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
Check out my thread with the dodge ram pickup install. I just put the lights on straight flat stock coming from the frame around the radiator.

chiefolson

Jul 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
When I did my first install (700 Whelens), I used flat bar between posts on each side of the radiator. i could have probably worked the bracket design a little better to get the lighthead closer to the grille, but I didn't and after awhile I wasn't real satisfied with them. I changed out to a pair of 500 LEDs and fabricated aluminum brackets from the inside of the hood so the lights were centered in the top half of the grille opening. I routed the wiring as the others have noted above, behind the hood insulation and then down and through by the drivers side hinge. All wire in conduit and secured tightly with wire ties. Getting the light right against the back of the grille was a far better placement than on the flat bar, even with the smaller lighthead. Behind the grille was my choice for less conspicuity.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Ok, so what I did was ran the wiring thru the hood frame, then came out one of the hole in the bottom of it and just ran the wire straight down. I left a little slack in the wire so it wont be pulled tight when the hood is open. When the hood closes it will just coil up behind the battery. Wish I got a pic of what I did, but I didn't.

Mbettes779

Feb 26, 2012
New York
Just installed some LEDs in my grille. Used flat alum. From home depot to make brackets, then bolted them straight to the frame in front of the radiator. Will post pics tomorrow

HFD eng1ine

Jul 27, 2010
Essex County. MA
Mbettes779 said:
Just installed some LEDs in my grille. Used flat alum. From home depot to make brackets, then bolted them straight to the frame in front of the radiator. Will post pics tomorrow

Did you get the idea from my pics?

Glad you got them mounted.

KP

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.