Dodge Ram Owners

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
After my 97 Chevy got totaled I ended up getting a new truck. It's an 06 Ram 1500 SLT quad cab and I'm leaving it back home in Louisiana while I go on my tour to Afghanistan. I plan on getting a simple 360 set up done while I'm away (hopefully Cajunblitz can do it). Anyone with a Ram wants to show their set up?

Here's my truck

ai562.photobucket.com_albums_ss61_kvfd92_IMG_1129_zps99404343.jpg

ai562.photobucket.com_albums_ss61_kvfd92_IMG_1124_zps1a6983f3.jpg

ai562.photobucket.com_albums_ss61_kvfd92_IMG_1128_zpsa8f15303.jpg

ai562.photobucket.com_albums_ss61_kvfd92_image_zpscb3313df.jpg

ai562.photobucket.com_albums_ss61_kvfd92_IMG_1131_zps4a9e3891.jpg

ai562.photobucket.com_albums_ss61_kvfd92_IMG_1130_zpsde0ebd5e.jpg

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
tjayfire17 said:
After my 97 Chevy got totaled I ended up getting a new truck. It's an 06 Ram 1500 SLT quad cab and I'm leaving it back home in Louisiana while I go on my tour to Afghanistan. I plan on getting a simple 360 set up done while I'm away (hopefully Cajunblitz can do it). Anyone with a Ram wants to show their set up?

Truck looks good, can't wait to see it when you get lights on it.

Who are you going to Afghanistan with and for how long?

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
I wish I had seen this post a week ago. I had a 2009 Dodge Ram, bought a new 2013 dodge ram and sold all my lights to buy new ones.

The turn signals, fog lights and tail lights lend them self to lots of hideaway options. There is a big grille, so doing 4 grill lights in each section of the grille, doing an X pattern is a good choice as well. Feniex makes a real good interior lightbar called the Pegasus that you can get with dodge ram brackets. Sound Off makes a HLF that works on the ram also. Theres lots you can do.

Also, try a search and you'll see some of the rams posted on here. Also, try youtube.

Joe

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
SnuffJ25 said:
I wish I had seen this post a week ago. I had a 2009 Dodge Ram, bought a new 2013 dodge ram and sold all my lights to buy new ones.

The turn signals, fog lights and tail lights lend them self to lots of hideaway options. There is a big grille, so doing 4 grill lights in each section of the grille, doing an X pattern is a good choice as well. Feniex makes a real good interior lightbar called the Pegasus that you can get with dodge ram brackets. Sound Off makes a HLF that works on the ram also. Theres lots you can do.

Also, try a search and you'll see some of the rams posted on here. Also, try youtube.

Joe

Would enjoy seeing some photos of your new truck, Snuffs

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I have a 2005 Ram 1500 SLT. I have a LED Outfitters linear dash light (red/clear) in the front window, Feniex Faires in the reverse lights, and a Whelen 90W strobe pack for the corners. It's not a whole bunch, but it's quality and it covers me 360deg. Everything runs to a single switch under the steering wheel.

http://elightbars.org/forums/users/118-albums239/

...and I just realized I need a video of the front.

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
So I went up to First Responders Equipment and Supply and talked to Mike. Here's a list of what's going on the truck:

Front:

SoundOff Pinnacle Interior Lightbar

4 Whelen LIN3s in the Grill

SoundOff HAWs in Fog Lights

Side:

Whelen LIN3s

Rear:

4 Nova SD24s Under Tailgate

SoundOff HAWs in Tail/Reverse Lights

Noise:

Unitrol Omega 90 w/ UM5000 Controller pushing through 2 Federal Signal AS124 Speakers

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
tjayfire17 said:
So I went up to First Responders Equipment and Supply and talked to Mike. Here's a list of what's going on the truck:

Front:

SoundOff Pinnacle Interior Lightbar

4 Whelen LIN3s in the Grill

SoundOff HAWs in Fog Lights

Side:

Whelen LIN3s

Rear:

4 Nova SD24s Under Tailgate

SoundOff HAWs in Tail/Reverse Lights

Noise:

Unitrol Omega 90 w/ UM5000 Controller pushing through 2 Federal Signal AS124 Speakers

Not a terrible setup, but there are a few things I would recommend changing. The first being the grill lights, this is a big truck, it should use bigger lights. I would go with two Whelen M4s instead of four LIN3s, the larger footprint will be much more effective than four smaller lights. Secondly would be the Nova lights under the tailgate. There are two issues here, the first being these are gen1 lights that cost $70. This is 2013, gen1 LEDs are obsolete in my opinion, and for the money there are much brighter options. The other issue is the location you plan to mount them; this is a poor choice for your primary rear warning because they are too low and too easily obstructed by having the tailgate down or having a vehicle parked or people standing behind the truck. For the the same amount of money you would spend on those four Nova lights you could buy a dual color Strobes N More E66 that will flash a warning color then change color to amber for traffic arrow. This would provide FAR better warning than four lights under the tailgate.

Finally, take a look at the Feniex Cannon HAW. These are the new rage in HAWs and they smoke everything else on the market in terms of brightness and functionality.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
The nova sd24 use second generation smt leds, and with the the optics they use, are incredibly bright for their size. I would say they are just as bright as any generation 3 led light. They have a very small foot print though. Something bigger might suite a large truck like the Ram.

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
I went with this set up because I pretty much just respond to the station which is 2-3 mins away and there's not a whole lot of traffic on the road I take to the station. I just wanted a basic set up but I did ask about putting an Ultralite 8 in the back window so that's still debatable. I forgot to mention that I'll also have a Whelen UHF2150A HLF installed as well.

Oct 1, 2012
Bamberg, Germany
Here is my setup...2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC

Slimmiser in the front windshield has since been upgraded to a Led Outfitters Rocket-X 2 head TiR bar. The back window is a Dual Talon and I have Rontan Quasars in the tails, cargos, reverse and front corners. I will be upgrading these too.

Here is my switch setup. By looking at your pics, you should be able to do the same thing...

photo-1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.