does anyone know what company WOLO GETS THERE STUFF FROM ?

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
The island of misfit toy...err lights!

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Definitely Chinese. There's no way they could rip off the design of bars and beacons as blatantly as they do making them anywhere else. I've watched several demo videos produced BY Wolo... it is AMAZING how dim the lighting is. First they show the light performing in daylight-like conditions (barely), then they shut the ambient light off. Even in the dark these things look dim as hell.

Am I the only one who thinks these things are pathetic?

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
infernoemeq said:
ok,
does anyone know where i can get there power beam beacon in clear ?

Look at the video, the beam pattern is a circle like a poorly made flashlight, no way will that compare in effectiveness to the "blade" shape beam pattern of a sealed beam beacon like a Model 14 which it is trying to imitate. Spend your money on something real.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
NPS Ranger said:
Look at the video, the beam pattern is a circle like a poorly made flashlight, no way will that compare in effectiveness to the "blade" shape beam pattern of a sealed beam beacon like a Model 14 which it is trying to imitate. Spend your money on something real.

Couldn't agree more. These Wolo lights are absolute kah-kah.

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
SireLite said:
Most likely a Chinese company.

From a site like this. 5-Star Warning Lights Co.,

i think your correct.

the thing is that i recently purchased a wolo back up alarm for xmas for myself. The next week the alarm started makin weird UFO noises like I ran over a poodle that was in heat, well anyways i called to bitch to the tech guy over there and he was soo hostile about his products being the best and high quality. I told him chinese items are made poorly and mass distributed, i prefer USA.

Well his answer was, "we design wolo stuff in USA but build them in China"

I would never buy again from wolo

ejwa

May 22, 2012
Southeastern Kentucky
The detention center uses Wolo amber mini light bars on the trucks used to transporting road side litter pick up crews. Those lights are a joke. Even when you get the direct view of the light, it looks like a night light compared to a high bean head light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.