Does anyone make strobe anymore?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
star makes some too.. its not very common. I as a dealer will never ever buy any of it because I sit on it too much. I bought replacement strobe tubes from star and have been sitting on them forever. Cost was almost $30 each as a dealer. Even marked down to $20 each losing money, I don't sell them often.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
star makes some too.. its not very common. I as a dealer will never ever buy any of it because I sit on it too much. I bought replacement strobe tubes from star and have been sitting on them forever. Cost was almost $30 each as a dealer. Even marked down to $20 each losing money, I don't sell them often.
So they are probably broken now that you've been sitting on them this long, and the broken glass has probably left some cuts.... Ahh well.. not a fan of star ones, I want my whelen ones back, or someone needs to start producing them as they are 1000% more reliable then my LEDs. And SHO-ME WHAT? they had their day and it ran by them... But that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about them!

cory y2.0

Oct 24, 2016
DFW
And SHO-ME WHAT? they had their day and it ran by them... But that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about them!

you need to look at sho-me again. sure they stick with product lines for a long time, but they are still a really good strobe system maker. They've got some pretty good new LED products out there that other companies dont make. dont sleep on them yet

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
So they are probably broken now that you've been sitting on them this long, and the broken glass has probably left some cuts.... Ahh well.. not a fan of star ones, I want my whelen ones back, or someone needs to start producing them as they are 1000% more reliable then my LEDs. And SHO-ME WHAT? they had their day and it ran by them... But that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about them!

So just for clarification since people will take this post too seriously. They are not sat on and have been in a proper storage bin. They are the ones with the weather proof connectors and honestly, I've been pretty content with their longevity.

• Haha
Reactions: thatoneiowan

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
So just for clarification since people will take this post too seriously. They are not sat on and have been in a proper storage bin. They are the ones with the weather proof connectors and honestly, I've been pretty content with their longevity.
I'm sorry that was an attempt at visual humor, please people don't take it seriously.... So these are ohh dang I forget the name of those... Deutch connectors?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.