Dome Resortation offered

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Services rendered. I have a side job to supplement my income. I recondition domes. I use a 10 step hand wet sanded process and the polish. price varies per type of dome. Jet,Aero, and round domes are the hardest. Also I can't do inside because you can't get it right. I can take out most scratches , but no guarantee's.
Shipping is covered by customer to and from. I have plenty of reference domes that I have done. I can do Amber, clear , red and blue. Can't do strobe beacons. I also have a customer in downstate NY I can give as reference. Here is some of my work. Pm me for more information.
Here's is some of the work I have done. Pic heavy
Strobe Vista domes sent to Germany member on here. Model 14's, Twinsonic, Vista complete set clear undone.JPG Vista complete set clear done.JPG clear Vista domes undone Gemany.JPG clear Vista domes mounted done Germany.JPG undone vista red end use.jpg vista red end dome after use.jpg FS Model 12-1.JPG FS Model 14-2.JPG FS Model 14-3.JPG FS Model 14-4.JPG FS Model 14-5.JPG FS Model 14-6.JPG FS Model14-7.JPG FS Model14-8.JPG Twinsonic full 0001.JPG Twinsonic top 0002.JPG Twinsonic end 0003.JPG Twinsonic full 0004.JPG Twinsonic 0005 end.JPG Twinsonic 0006 top.JPG I have more pictures if needed.

Last edited:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Few more pictures. Mini Aero, Yankee/Signal-Stat, blue MX with clear coat spray

Attachments

• 22 aerodynic domes before 1.jpg
    22 aerodynic domes before 1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 22 aerodynic domes before 2.jpg
    22 aerodynic domes before 2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 22 aerodynic domes after 3.jpg
    22 aerodynic domes after 3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 22 aerodynic domes after 4.jpg
    22 aerodynic domes after 4.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 33
  • yankee domes standing undone.JPG
    yankee domes standing undone.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Yankee domes done standing.JPG
    Yankee domes done standing.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Yankee domes laying undone.JPG
    Yankee domes laying undone.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Amber Yankee domes layingg done..JPG
    Amber Yankee domes layingg done..JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Undone blue MX with clear coating use.jpg
    Undone blue MX with clear coating use.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 35
  • BLUE MX BK DONE use.jpg
    BLUE MX BK DONE use.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 35
  • CCR MX before.jpg
    CCR MX before.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 34
  • CCR mx after.jpg
    CCR mx after.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 28

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I can also do Headlights the same way. Found the pictures I done on the 96 CVPI headlights when I got it. found 2 must not have taken picture of both done.96 CV headlight undone.JPG 96 CV half done headlight.JPG

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Jep, if you need someone to do this, take the chief.

That mini Vista sits in my collection, and he has done a great job polishing the domes and assembling the bar the way I wanted!
Thanks Fire.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Are you willing to split domes as well or cut window holes?? I'm interested
Nope not even going to try to cut domes in half. And just what kind of domes do you need holes drilled in?

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
I have a code3 sd dome that I'd like to cut 6x6 square for a clear window. Just don't trust myself ,it's kinda of a one shot deal.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Sure is and I'm not going to even try it.
Not with those domes being so scarce as hens teeth.
I don't want to be responsible for attempting it and then needing to replace it.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I have some unknown Glass red domes, in my collection, 2 are near perfect and one has glue residue on it are you interested in finding them a perminate home?
I suggest you post pictures of them and find out what they go to and try and sell them.If not sure where to most contact the mods and ask where to.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I have a code3 sd dome that I'd like to cut 6x6 square for a clear window. Just don't trust myself ,it's kinda of a one shot deal.

...not to hijack the thread, but maybe it'd be worth a shot to just go to the hardware store, buy some lexan sheets(which is polycarbonate, like most domes are made of, or acrylic, as they seldom are) and try a couple of try-outs out of those. They are cheap, and you could see how it's do-able, without fearing to destroy a precious dome...

Back to topic... :)

Reactions: chief1562

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
...not to hijack the thread, but maybe it'd be worth a shot to just go to the hardware store, buy some lexan sheets(which is polycarbonate, like most domes are made of, or acrylic, as they seldom are) and try a couple of try-outs out of those. They are cheap, and you could see how it's do-able, without fearing to destroy a precious dome...

Back to topic... :)
Toon not hijacked. I would never had thought of that.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Bump

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
35.00 each and you pay shipping to and from

busbart

Apr 2, 2011
FRANCE
Toon not hijacked. I would never had thought of that.
Might not be the best of idea!
Age plays another not to be underestimated role here.
FWIW, better find a older dome, same material, and try your thing on that one, so you see how the matereal reacts after all those years, after all the plastic might be more brittle than the fresh sheets of Lexan proposed in the before post.
And brittle plastic might be very difficult to cut.
just my .02 cts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.