Don't park your duty (or personal) vehicle on or near RR Tracks!

RyanZ71

Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
For sure a justified lawsuit coming on this one. I'm pretty sure this is one of a number of smaller crossings where trains are not required to sound their horn but still, you can't just expect that a train is going to stop at the sight of flashing lights, not to mention how long it takes a train to stop.

NPS Ranger

Veteran Member
May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Hmmm let's see, "tunnel vision" ..... "situational awareness" ..... it doesn't give a timeframe of how long they were parked on the tracks, but still....
I wasn't there but i think somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Kinney Creek, MN
I agree NPS. Sounds like the situation went south quick and all that they were seeing was the target in front of them... offduh.

JazzDad

Just Another Faceless Member
Silver Donor
Aug 5, 2011
USA
I had a customer who filed an insurance claim, saying a train hit her car. The investigation revealed she fell asleep at the crossing and rolled into the moving train.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polar_Bear_Charger_17

Members Online

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by Sectigo SSL with high-strength encryption.