Driving Lights

Pav56C

May 23, 2010
NJ
Im sure this has been discussed before but I havent been able to find anything.

Can anyone suggest a good set of driving lights I can mount on my brush guard that will provide good lighting for harsh weather and just general driving when needed.

I do not want to spend over $100 but I know I will need to spend some money to get something decent.

What is the bets compromise between power and quality and price.

Thanks.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
I have a pair of hella 500 driving lights on my brushguard and they are a bright light.I spent around $100 for them and I've had them for about a year or so and they work awsome. :D

S

sargeek

You need to think about what you want the lights to do:

Bad Weather, you will want to install fog lights that throw a short wide beam, that allows you to see the shoulders of the road.

General Lighting, add Driving Lights that operate in conjunction with your brights and provide shoulder to shoulder illumination at a long distance.

For most applications, avoid Pencil Beams / Spot Lights - Throw a small pin point light. Great for desert racers who operate at high speeds, but not helpful for most users.

BOSCH

HELLA

KC

LIGHT FORCE

PIAA

All make reasonable good products. Again you get what you pay for. Fun to add a HLF to the Driving Lights to make the warning lights too!

JJ7850

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
i have used a few different driving lights and id have to say that the most impressive are westin 09-0405 Large Rectangular Driving Lights. they provide alot of light in a wide angle for bad weather as well as off in the distance.

the lights come on with my headlights and with these driving lights i dont use my high beams ever theres just no need for it.

one problem i did have with them was the relay for the system went bad. it was a $5 fix to get a new relay at auto zone but other than that i have nothing but good things to say about these lights.

and theyre priced in the neighborhood of $75 which IMO is well worth it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.