Dual function led flasher

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Hey guys i need to find a led flasher that will allow me to steady burn led lights or when the emergency lights are activated they flash. I was thinking the Whelen ufl44 flasher but i'm not sure if that will work or not, i read the install manual but from the way it sounds the steady burn function has to be active to make them flash. What im trying to make flash is the side lights on the bed of a rollback wrecker and i want to replace the halogen cab lights with leds and do the same thing with another flasher. I know it can be done but i'm drawing a blank of what to use to do it.  :Banghead:

Feb 19, 2013
Charlotte, NC
The ulf44 should work.  It has 2 modes with 1 mode over riding the 2nd mode.  In your case I would put mode 1 as steady burn as the flash pattern on the flasher and mode 2 as whatever flash pattern on the flasher you desire.   If any of the lights are tied into other running/turn lights that you DO NOT want flashing then you might run into problems - installing diodes and whatnot.

Maybe someone else can chime in if my info isn't correct, but I would do it this way if it were mine.

Reactions: Pimp

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The PLEDF02 will do exactly what you want.

Tony
PHENOMENAL Flasher!   Very Very happy with the ERM products and even more so the support. 

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Will I need to use a diode to prevent back feed when the lights flash? If so what size and type.
What are you asking? It is a 2 output flasher. You need steady and flashing for two lights, correct? Mode 2 overrides mode 1. Set mode 1 to steady and mode 2 to flashing.

Watch the video for the PLEDF and you'll see that you can customize each pattern, giving you literally hundreds of patterns.

Is this the setup you want?

Tony

Reactions: Doug

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Yes that is the set up im wanting. Im going to be using it on led marker lights on the bed of a wrecker and flashing the cab lights on the truck, I dont want to send back feed signals to the computer on the steady burn activation wire when its flashing. Hopefully you understand what im talking about.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yes that is the set up im wanting. Im going to be using it on led marker lights on the bed of a wrecker and flashing the cab lights on the truck, I dont want to send back feed signals to the computer on the steady burn activation wire when its flashing. Hopefully you understand what im talking about.
If I understand you correctly, you will want to set the flasher to steady burn on mode 1.  Connect the mode 1 wire to your marker lights.  When your marker lights come on, it triggers the steady burn feature on the lights that are connected.  When you put power to the mode 2 wire, mode 2 will override mode 1 and display whatever you have set on that mode, in this case, a flash pattern.

As long as the lights you wish to flash are connected to the flasher, there will be no back-feeding on your marker lights wire.  Does that make sense?

Tony

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.