ECCO 7660 Hybrid LED Rotating Beacons

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
This is an interesting beacon. The impact tests are enough to make you cring, see the attached videos.

we have a few local cities using them on their public works vehicles.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Not a review. Moved.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
I have spoken to a few of the staff that use this lightbar, they like the longevity & brightness of the LED's and the unusual look of the rotating reflectors. As you can see from the videos they appear very durable and are decently priced.

(Sorry for placing this in the wrong forum) ;)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
DJIceman97 said:
Wonder how hard these would be to swap into an MX7000? :D

Too big I think. If you're lucky you might get one in an XL, but even then I think it's probably too tall.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Can you see the Dash or roof beacon manufacturers lobbing the lights accross a parking lot or parking a car on the light to test durability? (Cringe) :eek:

they are bright, and brighter as you move farther away..

Jeremy0966

Aug 12, 2012
Idaho
That's defiantly one way to test a light for durability :haha: Them running over it reminds me of the Magpul Pmag test when the drove over the magazine with a full size Chevy truck. Wonder if they got the idea from that :undecided: A lot of the DOT trucks in my area are using these and i like them. I personally like the LED rotators. I know some people don't like them because of a LED bar having moving parts but rotators, in my opinion are the most effective especially the newer LED versions. I really hope Code3 brings something to the table with the MX or Excalibur platform.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Jeremy0966 said:
That's defiantly one way to test a light for durability :haha: Them running over it reminds me of the Magpul Pmag test when the drove over the magazine with a full size Chevy truck. Wonder if they got the idea from that :undecided: A lot of the DOT trucks in my area are using these and i like them. I personally like the LED rotators. I know some people don't like them because of a LED bar having moving parts but rotators, in my opinion are the most effective especially the newer LED versions. I really hope Code3 brings something to the table with the MX or Excalibur platform.

True the new Vision is rotating LED, so it would figure others will follow suit..

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
PJD642 said:
I'm actually thinking a set of these in Red & Blue with clear lenses would look good on my truck....

I have seen this lightbar run in pairs with a space in the center, it puts out alot of light!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
at least 3 years ago that i can remember

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
I've been curious about these for awhile so I just picked up one off Ebay NIB for $35 in red, SAE Class 1. This little sucker is a blast, weighs almost 2 1/2 lbs, cast aluminum base & thick Lexan dome just like in the torture test video. The instructions say it will run on 9 to 28 volts, so for fun I ran it on my kitchen counter during dinner, using a little 9V radio battery - try that with just about any other rotating beacon. The "motor" is magnetic drive and the light comes with a 5 year warranty.

This would make a great light for a landscaper or anyone who parks all day and needs to leave their beacon running with the engine off. They claim the base is a heatsink to keep the LED's cool enough after all-day operation that it will still meet the SAE intensity spec. My particular model in red draws 1.3 amps at 12 volts, that's low enough to run off a truck battery and not worry about starting up at the end of the day. Can't speak for the amber version or other colors but I'm really impressed with this one, kind of surprised they haven't caught on more.

Blaine B.

Aug 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
AH HA! This past winter I saw the most amazing spectacle - a 4 rotator light bar with LEDs. I was curious who manufactured it! 4 LEDs with rotating mirrors.....it was AWESOME!

Of course the truck also had some stationary LEDs in the grille...but the light bar definitely stole the show.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.