Edge 9000/low profile speaker

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Found this near me... Edge 9000 with a low profile speaker, make offer.

Strobes don't work, needs power supply, bit arrow on back does and all the TD/AL work.

I REALLY don't want to get another bar, but this looks super cool and first edge with a speaker on top I have ever seen.

Is this common, rare? Worth much?

I'm thinking of shooting a 75 dollar offer since it doesn't work and I don't know the true condition. It looks ok from the pics though

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-131311.png
    Screenshot_20230109-131311.png
    490.7 KB · Views: 19

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Definately don't see those much anymore, since OSHA and other regulations regarding roof-mounted sirens/horns kicked in. But in the day, they were EVERYWHERE

Reactions: stansdds

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Definately don't see those much anymore, since OSHA and other regulations regarding roof-mounted sirens/horns kicked in. But in the day, they were EVERYWHERE
Gave an offer of 65 dollars for it, but they said the speaker is worth more that that. Has a bad strobe power supply. I don't see anything worth more than a 100 bucks even with the speaker. My jetsonic and lp6000 have top speakers. I don't know why a speaker on a broken edge would be so special.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Gave an offer of 65 dollars for it, but they said the speaker is worth more that that. Has a bad strobe power supply. I don't see anything worth more than a 100 bucks even with the speaker. My jetsonic and lp6000 have top speakers. I don't know why a speaker on a broken edge would be so special.
They are special because they were really unbalanced and often were removed. You see a lot of edge bars with the remains of them on top (screws and black seal). They take normal drivers, but the back covers were brittle. Removing/replacing the speaker driver with the bar mounted was hard. Often times when the speaker failed it was simply relocated. An advantedge with one of these is even more rare because the curve of the bar required a slightly different bottom half of the assembly. I have one on an edge and one on an advantedge and I have pulled both drivers just to make the bars not tip over on the shelf.

Here is the aftermath of removing the speaker.

spkr.jpg

I would pay about $200 for the bar you posted only because I have plenty of power supplies so it would be essentially an entire bar for me.

Reactions: Eric2.0

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
They are special because they were really unbalanced and often were removed. You see a lot of edge bars with the remains of them on top (screws and black seal). They take normal drivers, but the back covers were brittle. Removing/replacing the speaker driver with the bar mounted was hard. Often times when the speaker failed it was simply relocated. An advantedge with one of these is even more rare because the curve of the bar required a slightly different bottom half of the assembly. I have one on an edge and one on an advantedge and I have pulled both drivers just to make the bars not tip over on the shelf.

Here is the aftermath of removing the speaker.

View attachment 242440

I would pay about $200 for the bar you posted only because I have plenty of power supplies so it would be essentially an entire bar for me.
I offered 100 and she tells me the speaker itself is worth 300, lol. So she is probably expecting around 400, 450 or so. It's very hard to pinch my wallet closed right now, but that is too much IMO. Plus a bad power supply and I would think the amber lenses are not true. I'd expect red or blue on a bar with a siren speaker.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I offered 100 and she tells me the speaker itself is worth 300, lol. So she is probably expecting around 400, 450 or so. It's very hard to pinch my wallet closed right now, but that is too much IMO. Plus a bad power supply and I would think the amber lenses are not true. I'd expect red or blue on a bar with a siren speaker.
It's not worth that lol. I'd go $200 max. No one is buying a non-working edge for her price. Oh well.

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
It's not worth that lol. I'd go $200 max. No one is buying a non-working edge for her price. Oh well.
Somehow I think she will go for the 200 dollar offer. I would need to check and see if that bar originally came with that speaker or if it were a later addition someone done, non factory. For 200 I'd have to look at it in person to see if the wires are long and original and if the speaker is original to that bar. Here is our messenger conversation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120-145941.png
    Screenshot_20230120-145941.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 9

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.