Edge B-Link

So you have to have some kind of controller, you just cant hook it up to a regular old switch box correct?

That is correct the blink bars run by serieal control the 2 wires (blue-grey) are the 2 wires that run every option

The MPC01 has siren controls/mic - the '02 is just like it but without the siren/mic.

the '01 & '02 can run a T/A as well.

The '03 is the same as the '01 (according to the Whelen book) except it has 18 push buttons (instead of a rotary) & 4 position slide switch w/TA capability.

I had one once that I took the guts out of and put in two Whelen CSP690's, one for front one for rear and then I could operate it with normal switches :D PLENTY of room inside that huge lightbar! plus I made some good coin off the parts I took out :!: I had the power supplies so it was cheaper than finding an MPC control head :lol:

Grotonems5 said:
I had one once that I took the guts out of and put in two Whelen CSP690's, one for front one for rear and then I could operate it with normal switches :D PLENTY of room inside that huge lightbar! plus I made some good coin off the parts I took out :!: I had the power supplies so it was cheaper than finding an MPC control head :lol:

They do make great strobe project bars. I saw one that was rigged with external supplies.... LOTS of cord there.

Your best bet would be to make it a "remote" traffic advisor. Basically set it up like most traffic advisors are these days. Use a ground side TD control box (Whelen and Fed Signal have basic controllers that do 6 or 8 heads) and then get a cable with sufficient wiring inside (one power and enough grounds (one for each head)). Then wire all the positives together and run each ground separately back to the box.

Right... I've seen b-links with the duplex strobe over halogen lights so I was thinking his had a halogen TD as well. My b.

Well... if a full size power supply will fit inside then you could get one that has TD patterns (UPS690 http://www.whelen.com/install/131/13191.pdf ). Not sure if I'd totally trust putting an internal mount PS in a semi-exterior application. This powers 6 strobes, so depending on how many rear strobes you had, you might have to move stuff around.

There is a MPC01 for like $45 on the board right now. I have programming capabilities. I'm sure more people on the board do too.

Otherwise you're probably going to lose TD capabilities.

Picked them up today. They have all strobes to the rear.

However, we have a b-link on our rescue truck, and it has the duplex strobes over halogens

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381