Edit

It depends on how soon the wire may be used, sometimes its just a couple of loops of electrical tape..

For starters, pull the fuse for it. Then protect the end of the wire with either tape or heat shrink tubing. If it's exposed to the elements, water proof heat shrink. I usually fold it over or if it's long enough, coil it up and tie it out of the way. By all means, do NOT use cheap electrical tape unless you like a goey mess & crack when revisiting the wire after a hot summer. Super 33 by 3M is the best.

the rest of my post didnt show up... odd

i use the electrical tape on wires that will be used by the end user... usually no more than a day or two

for longer times i use the dip style or i just make it un- hot

i have used liquid electrical tape for wires like that...works wonders and then i slipped a bigger piece of shrink tube and made it tight !!!

I use plastic coated butt connectors, http://www.westgateparts.com/pictures/b ... ectors.jpg This allows me to keep the wire from touching metal to metal and also allows me to make test connections and also tape onto the wire anytime i need it. I also loop it and tie wrap it out of the way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381