(EDITED) A Few Questions about Flash Patterns for Entire Lightbar (Legacy DUO+ WC)

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
(EDITED: Post is more succinct)

Hi all,

-I'm looking for some suggestions for the best way to use any of the Ultra Scan patterns for an entire lightbar. I've tried one side's lightheads' phases at 0 and the other's 180 and it's not bad, but I think could be better. I've also tried offsetting each lighthead by a few different phases, but it always looks a bit spastic, to be honest. Does anyone have any suggestions for ways to set up this pattern?

-When using the Random/Random Blast patterns for an entire lightbar, what's the best way to set up the phases? I've tried offsetting each lighthead's phase by 45 or 90 degrees, starting with the centre two lightheads as well as a few other phase combinations and it never quite looks right. Does anyone have any suggestions for phases that work well for these patterns?

-Is Action Scan pattern fine to use for lightbars or is it better for front Inner Edges and other lighting instead? I quite like this pattern as well as Action Flash, so I often find myself gravitating towards them. Maybe it's their exciting names ;) .

-How can I minimize the risk of alternating red/blue flashes on the corner lightheads ending up looking purple? I've read somewhere that avoiding faster patterns can help with this. It said something about not going past 60 flashes. Right now, I'm using Comet Flash 60 with a delay of 40ms. Would the delay help prevent the colours from blending or should I go with a different pattern altogether? Would Signal Alert 60 or one of the Double or Single Flash patterns be better or should I try something else? Would changing the phase help? Right now, each corner's colour alternates. When one side is red, the other is blue, etc.

-Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to set up either the Flim Flam or Ping Pong patterns? They look like they could be really useful, but I just can't seem to get them looking right. I've tried a number of different phases but it always looks really off.

-I apologize for asking another question, but what's the difference between each of the Ultra Scan patterns? I've noticed a couple of small differences, but that's it.

Thanks in advance and thank you for slogging through this post ;) .

Cheers,

PPNPAF

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.