End of California chase, with CHP Explorers

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Overhead night view. Around the 2:30 mark, the CHP Explorers stop and go into park, all front lights go steady.

CHP has really adopted the less is best thinking for rear lights. :undecided:

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Wow, that actually looked pretty effective! I like the Amber TA on the back, with the red and blue side/ corners flashing along with the steady burn up front. :thumbsup:

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Is the wig-wag effect on the explorers coming from the fog lights?

mm2k5

Jan 7, 2012
Southern Missouri
I did like the donuts he was doing. lol

Oh, and I like the way the CHP have the lights set up, too. I think it's a very effective system and without seizure-causing flashing that I see around here all the time.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Even during the day, the new CHP setup is extremely effective. It is very bright, slow patterns - very easy to pick up on at a long distance. The white wig-wag fog lights are surprisingly effective for how low they are.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I like the siren tones they are using. Much lower pitch than the regular SmartSiren they used all these years with the Visions. I'm guessing it's a Whelen siren console?

Uman18

Jun 2, 2010
Port Hueneme, CA
CrownVic97 said:
I like the siren tones they are using. Much lower pitch than the regular SmartSiren they used all these years with the Visions. I'm guessing it's a Whelen siren console?

The sirens are a Whelen package, before they were running Federal Signal PA500's, not smartsirens.

RolnCode3 said:
Even during the day, the new CHP setup is extremely effective. It is very bright, slow patterns - very easy to pick up on at a long distance. The white wig-wag fog lights are surprisingly effective for how low they are.

I had one come up behind me Code 3 a couple months ago on I-80 near Dixon. Long straight section of highway with miles of visibility, in bright sunlight. I saw him coming probably 1.5 to 2 miles behind me, and he was visible enough to catch my attention in the rear view, in moderate traffic. I was also very surprised at how well the fog lights grabbed your attention. I really like their slow steady flash pattern, too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.