Equipment Brackets

eastfire510

Jun 8, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I was given a Star signal SR-7 equipment bracket to install in one of our patrol cars. I've never worked with one before and wanted a little guidance as to the correct way to mount this. I get that it mounts to the drivetrain channel in the vehicle but what length of screw is good to use? This will be going in a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria

I have consulted the Ford modifiers guide and it doesn't gave the space available between the transmission and floor ....just don't want to go too far.

ClintonPSE

Mar 13, 2013
Clinton, IA
eastfire510 said:
I was given a Star signal SR-7 equipment bracket to install in one of our patrol cars. I've never worked with one before and wanted a little guidance as to the correct way to mount this. I get that it mounts to the drivetrain channel in the vehicle but what length of screw is good to use? This will be going in a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria

I have consulted the Ford modifiers guide and it doesn't gave the space available between the transmission and floor ....just don't want to go too far.

As short as possible. 3/4" long is what I would use...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.