Equipment CHP

Peanutman

May 18, 2021
Netherlands
Hello,
I am very interested in the CHP's equipment. especially the equipment they used in the 90s. I saw in pictures that the cars had a traffic advisor and 2x Federal Signal SML2 at the back of the car, and a California Steady Red Burn light in the front and also a red light in the spot of the spotlight on the driver's side. But what brand are the 2 lamps on the front? Where can I buy those? And what brand of push bar?

I hope that I explained it well.
Sorry for the bad English, I’m Dutch

greetings
Juulz

CHP used 4000R bulbs in the front red spotlights, but they are almost impossible to find today, and if you do, they are wicked expensive, like 5 times the cost of a 4001R. The 4001R is sufficient for the task, and was used when they couldn't get the 4000R's. The red rear light was a standard 4001R.

The center-mount halogen mirror light was this:

E.E.S CopLite - Model 804​

Do a Google search for it, they are still available on the Internet market. They mounted to a headliner bracket and had a metal three-sided flash hood that mounted flush to the windshield. The rearview mirror actually mounted to the light bracket, replacing the one mounted to the windshield.

The push bars were custom-built for CHP, possibly by a local shop around Sacramento where the cars were upfitted. You would have to find pictures and have one built, unless you could find one on the market. They haven't been built for the CHP in many years. They use standard push bars now.

Reactions: Peanutman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.