Equipment pacement ideas...

Alex

May 21, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
I just purshacsed an '01 Chevy Silverado with a center console. I am looking for thoughts and ideas on where to place my equipment. I currently have a Untrol Touchmaster siren and a kenwood TK 7180 radio that would need to find homes.

One option would be to replace the touchmaster with a handheld light/siren controler. Another option would be to somehow remove part of the stock console that holds the cassett player with an aftermark equipment console.

Here are some photos of what I got and what I am working with. Thanks in advance for your help.

Outside front.JPG[/attachment:1m57fthc]

Interior console.JPG[/attachment:1m57fthc]

Outside front.JPG

Interior console.JPG

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Jotto used to make a console for the tahoe/silverado... I checked their website, and it's no longer listed, but keep your eyes peeled, they are around... I'm sure someone will be along shortly with some pictures.

Seth

Alex

May 21, 2010
Queen Creek, AZ
I lied on my radio... I have a TK-7160

Here is my plan (I think?!).

I am going to remove the tape player.

Order GM part #15759805 (replacement upper console bezel).

Widen the opening where the now blank cassett player is.

Order Jotto faceplate (or any sold piece faceplate) for TK-7160

Mount the radio to the faceplate, and into the vertical section of the upper console.

I just worry about attaching the faceplate directly to the vertical plastic. I may have use large flat fashers behind the faceplate to spread out the weight. Since this truck will go over washboard roads, vibration may also be a problem...

well its an idea anyways..

twl911

May 21, 2010
Vermont, USA
My truck had the same factory console. I removed the entire thing and bolted in a havis 30 inch consolidator console with the rear pocket. It works and looks much cleaner.

Bizkitjmd1

May 21, 2010
CT in good old US of A
Havis also makes a console for it but the only problem is that you would lose your cup holders.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
la_canuck

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.