ERM Flasher

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I came across this on the Sirenworld page yesterday and have been pretty excited looking at it.

FEVER seems to like them and I've found a couple other threads where people have used them, but why are these not as hot as the ULF44?

Full control over flash rate, pattern, and two modes. These flashers are pretty nice. They even have one that you can directly input the flash pattern using buttons on the flasher.

Watch the video to see for yourself, but this thing looks SWEET!

Anyone else use these?

aledguy.net_store_images_pledf02.jpg

Youtube to full demo

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
ERM is a very active member here, FWIW

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks for the kind words.

As for the comparison to the ULF-44, they have two more outputs that people seem to want, however, we have been designing a 4 output flasher with even more features than the PLEDF02.  Prototypes are in, but the coding is not done yet.  Once it's released, I think you'll see more people talking about it on here.

It's taking slightly longer to finish as we have been busy with manufacturing our other products and some new products we have been contracted for.  We are seeing more and more of a demand for custom products, and that is what we specialize in.

Tony

rettoded

Aug 12, 2011
Berks County,PA

As for the comparison to the ULF-44, they have two more outputs that people seem to want, however, we have been designing a 4 output flasher with even more features than the PLEDF02.  Prototypes are in, but the coding is not done yet.  Once it's released, I think you'll see more people talking about it on here.

It's taking slightly longer to finish as we have been busy with manufacturing our other products and some new products we have been contracted for.  We are seeing more and more of a demand for custom products, and that is what we specialize in.

Tony
Tony,

Thank you for the update! I recall you announced you were working on a and had been wondering on the status of this product. Looking forward to it!

One question, will this be released before December 2015? If so, I know what I am asking for Christmas!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yup... I've been selling ERM products and using them for a few years and absolutely love them. 

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City

Tony
This is great news! I plan to get a few of these flashers. I would do one for my truck, but I need to control front and back separate. 

Any chance you guys will include a low power steady burn in the new model? I'd love to have that as a third mode for cruise lights.

Keep up the great work guys, you have an awesome product that should make Whelen a little weary.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay. A lot of stuff going on lately.

We did finish the 4 output flasher, but with everything that we make, we field test them first. With that said, sent a couple out to have them critiqued. We took the feedback we got and made some changes.

We did do a redesign but was working on a code fix for one of the features. In the end, the whole board got changed (which takes time) and I was dealing with a health issue for a couple of months. All is well now and I'm back to getting these things up and running again.

I am first waiting to hear back on the code fix. As soon as I get the A-OK, then I'll make them public.

As of right now, the features are:

3 modes - progressive priority and can store three different patterns

Programmable patterns like our 2 output LED flasher (selectable flash rate and pulse count)

Can change the pairings by the push of a button instead of rewiring

Using the pic as a reference, pairings can be:
1. Outputs 1 and 4 vs. 2 and 3 (top vs. bottom)
2. Outputs 1 and 2 vs. 3 and 4 (passenger’s side vs. driver’s side)
3. Outputs 1 and 3 vs. 2 and 4 (X Pattern)
4. Outputs 1 and 4 (top pair only, bottom pair off)
5. Outputs 2 and 3 (bottom pair only, top pair off)

tahoe grille2.jpg

The new version allows for individual activation of each output to steady burn (4 input wires), instead of in pairs.

Unfortunately, there is no cruise mode.

Tony

Reactions: TACKLEBERRY

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
So, I hate to revive an old thread like this, but has there been any word on this flasher? I'm definitely interested and haven't seen anything about this since. I have the 2 output/3 mode flasher and love it. Just hoping this is still a reality.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
So, I hate to revive an old thread like this, but has there been any word on this flasher? I'm definitely interested and haven't seen anything about this since. I have the 2 output/3 mode flasher and love it. Just hoping this is still a reality.

Bullfrog, I'm not entirely sure about the flasher but most of the features ERM mentions can be found in their programmable taillight flasher. The taillight flasher has 3 progressive modes, you could use the brake and reverse light inputs to steady burn the light heads, and can change the pairings. Don't remember if it has the same patterns as the 2 modes but could possibly get him to program in a custom pattern from the 2 mode version if you know what you want. Best way is to contact him to find out.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
That's what I kinda figured. Just wanted to see if anybody had heard anything about it. I'm gonna contact him and see what he's got. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.