"eyeballing" Alcohol....

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
Anyone have any kinda dealings with this yet?

NBC -- A lot of shocking things go viral on the internet.

The latest trend is almost unbelievable: teens pouring vodka straight into their eyes.

As disturbing as it may be, "eyeballing" is a trend that seems to be picking up steam with young people across the nation. It's even got its own Facebook page.

Some teens say it helps them get drunker, faster. Others say it helps them hide the smell of alcohol on their breath from their parents.

Whatever the reason, Ophthalmologist Dr. Marc Bosem says it's a bad idea.

"If you were to pour alcohol on your eye, it would first hit this outer layer, and all those cells wouldn't be able to function," he says. "If it hit your optic nerve, you could go blind."

Let that be a fair warning: do not try this at home.

NBC

Link to story with video:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/national/story ... 7&catid=28

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
WTF...man what has happened.....in my day..."eyeballing".....was checking out a girl....and I'm not that old

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Um, sure, OK, this sort of sounds like the first guy who thought to soak weed in embalming fluid, or huff metal flake spray paint.

Then there was the guy who thought he'd give the wifey a rush by rubbing high-grade coke on her gates to paradise, causing her to croak because of the quantity and speed of absorption.. IIRC he was a firefighter, or cop.

As to the original question, well, yes, I deal with stupid every day.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Stendec said:
Then there was the guy who thought he'd give the wifey a rush by rubbing high-grade coke on her gates to paradise, causing her to croak because of the quantity and speed of absorption.

Ahhh yes, the inventor of crack cocaine.

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
Not heard of the ocular version. I do know of the vaginal and rectal insertion of alcohol for the enhanced effect.

* Not from a first hand account.

I figure I better get that out before someone else does :mrgreen:

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Kids these days think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof. I know firsthand, because I have several nieces and nephews currently in high school and often hear about their exploits with their friends. I keep telling my sister to get ready for the bad news that her youngest may not be with us much longer. She has only been a licensed driver for slightly over a year and has already had 3 accidents (2 at fault), and often drives while chatting on her cellphone, primping in the mirror, or fiddling with the radio controls. She recently ran off the interstate into the wooded median after going to sleep within a half mile of her exit and only shattered her windshield and banged up the car on some low hanging tree limbs and scrub brush. We went and looked at the tire tracks she left through the grass, and she missed two large oak trees by just a couple of feet when she whizzed past them before coming to a stop in a large brushpile. She was very lucky that night.

I thank my lucky stars everyday that my now 26 year old daughter had a decent head on her shoulders and ran with a good crowd coming up. She was often critical of how stupid her generation behaved while in high school, and even though she is only a few years older than the nieces and nephews, she thinks their generation is worse now. Since she often preferred to be at home instead of out "partying", I had very few sleepless nights worrying about her.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.