Factory flashing lights on 2009 Police Charger

djmcfall

Nov 10, 2010
Filer, Idaho
We have bought five new old stock 2009 Dodge Charger, HEMI V8 police package. We have had one on the road for over six months and have had no problems, just got our third on the road this week. With both of these we are using the facotry HLF and brake light wig-wag as alternate lighting. As I pulled up to a crash scene today I noticed the brake lights were not flashing, then after checking the headlights I discovered they were inoperative as well. My deputy with the other Charger was on scene aw well and I saw his brake wig-wags and headlight wig-wags were not working either. The Deputy said this is the first time he has noticed them not working in the six months he has had it on the road. After clearing the scene and returning to the Sheriff's Office he came back out after a half an hour and both sets of lights worked fine. I tried them after a half hour on the car I was driving and they worked as well.

Has anyone on the forum experienced this before? Is there a service bulletin that anyone knows of? I am amazed that out of the blue this happened to two of our cars the exact same time. Since I will have five of these on the road I would like to get to the bottom of this ASAP. Thanks for your time.

Doug from Idaho.

cory y

May 21, 2010
djmcfall said:
We have bought five new old stock 2009 Dodge Charger, HEMI V8 police package. We have had one on the road for over six months and have had no problems, just got our third on the road this week. With both of these we are using the facotry HLF and brake light wig-wag as alternate lighting. As I pulled up to a crash scene today I noticed the brake lights were not flashing, then after checking the headlights I discovered they were inoperative as well. My deputy with the other Charger was on scene aw well and I saw his brake wig-wags and headlight wig-wags were not working either. The Deputy said this is the first time he has noticed them not working in the six months he has had it on the road. After clearing the scene and returning to the Sheriff's Office he came back out after a half an hour and both sets of lights worked fine. I tried them after a half hour on the car I was driving and they worked as well.

Has anyone on the forum experienced this before? Is there a service bulletin that anyone knows of? I am amazed that out of the blue this happened to two of our cars the exact same time. Since I will have five of these on the road I would like to get to the bottom of this ASAP. Thanks for your time.

Doug from Idaho.

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the computer. they will work again

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.