Factory high beam flasher on Toyota Corolla

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
I noticed that my 2012 Corolla has a high beam flasher that comes on when the alarm goes off, or the panic button is pressed. My question is this: is it possible to manually activate it without triggering the alarm? I'm planning on doing an install with what I have do far, but would rather have the headlights flash then just a set of HAWs. Thanks in advance!

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I'm sure its just the BCM flashing the headlights, most factory car alarms do that, but it flashed the headlights together, not alternating...  Just install a HLF on it, shouldn't be too hard...  Its a 9005 bulb, and you could try my "No Splice HLF" method...  

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
That's what I figured. Oh well, does anyone know if high beams are positive or negative switched? I don't have a multimeter, and it'll be next week before I can get my hands on one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.