Manufacturer: LED Equipped (LEDQ)

Model Number: A-1086

Link to manufacturer: LED Equipped

Review Type: Lab based function and form only

Product Description: LED full-sized lightbar

Intended Usage or Market:
Volunteer

Item Description:

First, “Furry” is not a typo on my part. I assume it's a mistranslation of “Fury”. This is a dash/deck light that contains four six head “linear” LEDs. There is push button pattern switch and a cigar plug with on/off switch.

• Durability/Feel/Appearance: It's not printed on the product itself thank goodness, but the bad translation of “Fury” into “Furry” in the literature was a big red flag to me. A bad translation on product or literature usually translates to poor quality control. The housing is metal and the cord of standard gauge. The pattern button felt loose and of poor quality, but still continued to function after being pressed five hundred times. The light came with a usable mounting bracket and uses sliding bolts in a carriage at the rear. The overall impression was acceptable quality of assembly from an exterior examination. 6

Performance: I had trouble figuring out how many flash patterns there were because many of them flashed the the light together and I think repeated in the list. There are at least five very usable patterns though. Usually the light retained its pattern when shut off. Twice out of the hundred or so times I activated it it defaulted to a different pattern. It is possible I shut the unit down too soon after setting a pattern. I liked that the lightheads were never split or flashed in a non grouped pattern. The light shows up well enough to be visible in sun at five hundred feet, and was comparable to other similar sized linear dash lights. The LED heads themselves are slightly shorter than other linear heads I am used too, but their footprint when on is acceptable for a dash light in my opinion. The light is not SAE tested, which is a deal breaker for many. Overall, the unit did well. If not for the lack of SAE testing, it would be a usable deck light for at least secondary warning. 7

Features: The light has an on off switch on the cigar plug and a pattern button on the housing. The flash shield is a bit small to be able to cut down well for a super slope windshield, but is trim-able at least. The pattern list may leave some wanting to trade some simultaneous patterns for some cycling patterns or more alternating patterns. The size of the light, four heads, was unwieldy as a dash light, but too small for rear deck. Other sizes are available with the same heads though. Bottom line, it delivers what it promises (except fur). 6

Innovation: I'm going to grade this a NA. This is another take on an existing idea, and shouldn't be scored on innovation as it makes no attempt to do so by it's very nature.

• Price: The only pricing listed is “call or email for price”. I won't count that against this item yet because it was just added to their store. I will say that unless this comes in significantly under price of a name brand, I can;t see a reason to use it. If it does save me 35% or similar it might be a viable budget option. Update- The price is $129.99, which for a four head model isn't bad. 7

• Overall: I wasn't able to score this light on innovation or price. The bad translation in the literature was a turnoff. The light itself delivers a usable budget range interior light provided the price is right and SAE certification occurs. 6.5 Acceptable, with some major drawbacks.

Rating (1= Lowest Score & 10= Highest Score)

• Durability/Feel/Appearance: 6

• Performance: 7

• Features: 6

• Innovation: na

• Price: 7

• Overall 6.5 Acceptable, with some major drawbacks.

dash1.jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Just making sure I undestand you when you talk about the flash patterns.

The lights are always flashed

1 2 - -

- - 3 4

or

1 2 3 4

- - - -

and never

1 - 3 -

- 2 - 4

And the lightheads themselves are never split? I think some major manufactures could take some ideas from this.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
JohnMarcson said:
Product Name:Falcon Furry Emergency Dash/Deck Light
Manufacturer: LED Equipped (LEDQ)

Model Number: A-1086

Link to manufacturer: LED Equipped

Review Type: Lab based function and form only

Product Description: LED full-sized lightbar

Intended Usage or Market:
Volunteer

Item Description:

First, “Furry” is not a typo on my part. I assume it's a mistranslation of “Fury”. This is a dash/deck light that contains four six head “linear” LEDs. There is push button pattern switch and a cigar plug with on/off switch.

• Durability/Feel/Appearance: It's not printed on the product itself thank goodness, but the bad translation of “Fury” into “Furry” in the literature was a big red flag to me. A bad translation on product or literature usually translates to poor quality control. The housing is metal and the cord of standard gauge. The pattern button felt loose and of poor quality, but still continued to function after being pressed five hundred times. The light came with a usable mounting bracket and uses sliding bolts in a carriage at the rear. The overall impression was acceptable quality of assembly from an exterior examination. 6

Performance: I had trouble figuring out how many flash patterns there were because many of them flashed the the light together and I think repeated in the list. There are at least five very usable patterns though. Usually the light retained its pattern when shut off. Twice out of the hundred or so times I activated it it defaulted to a different pattern. It is possible I shut the unit down too soon after setting a pattern. I liked that the lightheads were never split or flashed in a non grouped pattern. The light shows up well enough to be visible in sun at five hundred feet, and was comparable to other similar sized linear dash lights. The LED heads themselves are slightly shorter than other linear heads I am used too, but their footprint when on is acceptable for a dash light in my opinion. The light is not SAE tested, which is a deal breaker for many. Overall, the unit did well. If not for the lack of SAE testing, it would be a usable deck light for at least secondary warning. 7

Features: The light has an on off switch on the cigar plug and a pattern button on the housing. The flash shield is a bit small to be able to cut down well for a super slope windshield, but is trim-able at least. The pattern list may leave some wanting to trade some simultaneous patterns for some cycling patterns or more alternating patterns. The size of the light, four heads, was unwieldy as a dash light, but too small for rear deck. Other sizes are available with the same heads though. Bottom line, it delivers what it promises (except fur). 6

Innovation: I'm going to grade this a NA. This is another take on an existing idea, and shouldn't be scored on innovation as it makes no attempt to do so by it's very nature.

[*]Price: The only pricing listed is “call or email for price”. I won't count that against this item yet because it was just added to their store. I will say that unless this comes in significantly under price of a name brand, I can;t see a reason to use it. If it does save me 35% or similar it might be a viable budget option.

[*]Overall: I wasn't able to score this light on innovation or price. The bad translation in the literature was a turnoff. The light itself delivers a usable budget range interior light provided the price is right and SAE certification occurs. 6

Rating (1= Lowest Score & 10= Highest Score)

[*]Durability/Feel/Appearance: 6

[*]Performance: 7

[*]Features: 6

[*]Innovation: na

[*]Price: na

[*]Overall 6

View attachment 54801

For Wholesale price please contact me and i will be glad to assist

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
foxtrot5 said:
Just making sure I undestand you when you talk about the flash patterns.

The lights are always flashed

1 2 - -

- - 3 4

or

1 2 3 4

- - - -

and never

1 - 3 -

- 2 - 4

And the lightheads themselves are never split? I think some major manufactures could take some ideas from this.

It does 1/2 against 3/4 and all 4 together only.

Your options are flashing the left two heads against the right two, or all four simultaneously. There is no option to split the heads themselves or flash them outside of their pairs. This is basically a two head light the way they are grouped, which isn't that big a deal to me. With the size of the heads and the color grouping flashing 1 and 3 against 2 and 4 would be a purple mess.

This light really wasn't bad. These heads are way better suited to this light than they were to being in the lightbar I tested. The lack of SAE cert is my main complaint.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
JohnMarcson said:
It does 1/2 against 3/4 and all 4 together only.

Your options are flashing the left two heads against the right two, or all four simultaneously. There is no option to split the heads themselves or flash them outside of their pairs. This is basically a two head light the way they are grouped, which isn't that big a deal to me. With the size of the heads and the color grouping flashing 1 and 3 against 2 and 4 would be a purple mess.

This light really wasn't bad. These heads are way better suited to this light than they were to being in the lightbar I tested. The lack of SAE cert is my main complaint.

If anyone is interested in this light and requires an SAE rating, please specify and I will get one right away.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Ledequipped said:
If anyone is interested in this light and requires an SAE rating, please specify and I will get one right away.

I believe the point that a number of people are trying to get across is that they should not have to request their individual purchases be SAE certified - the product should automatically come that way. It would be wise to achieve those ratings and/or certifications prior to a customer considering purchasing your products. While not every customer may require SAE certification, it is an industry standard.

Not having a SAE rating can (and has in the past) result in litigation against a public safety department/member for negligence, if the product is used while responding to an emergency event and as a result, being involved in a motor vehicle accident.

Reactions: Firetrux

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
FreshDave04 said:
I believe the point that a number of people are trying to get across is that they should not have to request their individual purchases be SAE certified - the product should automatically come that way. It would be wise to achieve those ratings and/or certifications prior to a customer considering purchasing your products. While not every customer may require SAE certification, it is an industry standard.

Not having a SAE rating can (and has in the past) result in litigation against a public safety department/member for negligence, if the product is used while responding to an emergency event and as a result, being involved in a motor vehicle accident.

I think the main problem is that everyone is failing to realize that this outfit is a wholesaler. If someone want's the SAE they get it or have this gentleman do it for them. This is not an outrageous practice. You cannot just buy one light from him. It is not what he does nor has he pretended to do so.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Why is he disclosing the wholesale price? Now everyone knows what dealers / resellers are paying. :duh:

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
emtanderson51 said:
I think the main problem is that everyone is failing to realize that this outfit is a wholesaler. If someone want's the SAE they get it or have this gentleman do it for them. This is not an outrageous practice. You cannot just buy one light from him. It is not what he does nor has he pretended to do so.

Oh, I completely agree and understand your point, Steve. I'm just stating that as an American consumer (and he's trying to sell these products at wholesale to American dealers/distributors), he should look into having the products certified/rated either at the point of manufacture or after they've been imported and he takes possession.

:thumbsup:

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
emtanderson51 said:

Thank you so much for explaining!!

Just for clarification, we do produce many of our styles according to the SAE standards however receiving the certs takes time. I am willing to work with any customer who will need me to get the certs.

Please see below the following styles that are manufactured according to SAE standards.

A-1010

A-1011

A-1012

A-1015

A-1016

A-1017

A-1023

A-1041

A-1042

A-1043

A-1044

A-1045

A-1046

A-1047

A-1048

A-1049

A-1050

A-1055

A-1056

A-109

A-1135

A-1136

A-1139

A-1140

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Ledequipped said:
Thank you so much for explaining!!

Just for clarification, we do produce many of our styles according to the SAE standards however receiving the certs takes time. I am willing to work with any customer who will need me to get the certs.

Please see below the following styles that are manufactured according to SAE standards.

A-1010

A-1011

A-1012

A-1015

A-1016

A-1017

A-1023

A-1041

A-1042

A-1043

A-1044

A-1045

A-1046

A-1047

A-1048

A-1049

A-1050

A-1055

A-1056

A-109

A-1135

A-1136

A-1139

A-1140

But does that mean they have the certification on them? Just because you say they are manufactured according to SAE standards doen't mean it's on the light at time of purchuse.

I'm not putting anything in my car and use it for emergency responce that is not SAE certified can't afford a lawsuit because of poor lighting and not being SAE certified.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
chief1565 said:
But does that mean they have the certification on them? Just because you say they are manufactured according to SAE standards doen't mean it's on the light at time of purchuse.
I'm not putting anything in my car and use it for emergency responce that is not SAE certified can't afford a lawsuit because of poor lighting and not being SAE certified.
Hi

I understand however as I mentioned before if one does require a SAE cert I would be glad to get it but the buyer must request it and specify the styles.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
Jamey@NNE said:
Why make the buyers wait for certs instead of just getting the certs and use them to sell lights?

The reason is not all customers need SAE certs and even the customers who do, are not interested in everything I sell. So it would be a waste of money and time to certify all my products.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
Jamey@NNE said:
Have you thought that it might help sales as it has bombed your sales here not having it.

Hi

Thank G-d this site has boosted my sales. People can tell I am here to help and my SAE option does help, you just have to specify.

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ledequipped said:
The reason is not all customers need SAE certs and even the customers who do, are not interested in everything I sell. So it would be a waste of money and time to certify all my products.
"Where trust and quality meet!" Are you sure?

Jamey@NNE said:
Have you thought that it might help sales as it has bombed your sales here not having it.

I don't think he grasps that, let alone marketing, customer service, and common business practices...

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Ledequipped said:
Hi

Thank G-d this site has boosted my sales. People can tell I am here to help and my SAE option does help, you just have to specify.

Your not getting it, look past the now and see what you could of had by having the rating.......

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
The SAE rating also makes me feel more comfortable buying an item, knowing it was made to high standards instead of being "built to SAE standards". I can build anything to SAE standards, but it may not pass those certifications. This is why Whelen, Code 3, SOS, etc. already have SAE certifications on their lights...it's a comfort feeling more than anything to most people.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
calebsheltonmed23 said:
The SAE rating also makes me feel more comfortable buying an item, knowing it was made to high standards instead of being "built to SAE standards". I can build anything to SAE standards, but it may not pass those certifications. This is why Whelen, Code 3, SOS, etc. already have SAE certifications on their lights...it's a comfort feeling more than anything to most people.

HI

I appreciate your thoughts and I will SAE certify a good portion of my goods.

Please stay updated and I will inform you when this is done.

Ledequipped

Jun 11, 2013
NY
calebsheltonmed23 said:

HI

Where might i be able to get my products certified?

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
HI

Where might i be able to get my products certified?
JEEZE! One year later you decide you need to ask that?

Isn't this your business? You are not only a wholesaler, but tell us you are the manufacturer of this product and you honest want us to believe you have absolutely no idea how to get items SAE certified???

That comment exudes all sorts of confidence in your company and your products...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.