Fed Sig Jet Strobe upgrade question.

towmanjax

Dec 1, 2010
Jacksonville, Fl
This may be an old question but I will give it a go, I have a Fed Sig Jet Strobe with the Stock 60w Power Supply. I want to upgrade to P/S that offers more flash patterns than the stock P/S I know I can go to a 90w P/S as the strobe heads according to Fed Sig are rated for 45w each. So here are my questions, 1) what 90w P/S will give me multiple flash patterns and a scan lock feature or ability to use a momentary switch? 2) will I probably have to rewire the heads for the new P/S and what is the correct wiring sequence?

LED would probably make this easier but its just not in the budget, and a new P/S will be cheaper than a new Light Bar in LED, and the divorce for buying the new lightbar.

To change the power supply; 1st you would have to find one that fitts in the section for the PS. Second you will have to change all the AMP connecotrs at the PS due to FS's is #2 trigger line vs all other #3. Also, the FS PS takes ther female AMP while most other take the male. If you look, the Action flash on the PS is a pinned response, this increases the putput to 75 watts. With the heat distribution for placstic coated strobe heads, this is the maximum you would want. I have 20-30 of these PS in the warehouse so replacments are not an issue.

my hope was to get away from the Stock P/S, all it does is Quad flash and what Fed/Sig calls action. It sounds like it is better to beg real hard and maybe she will let me buy a LED bar or just deal with what I have.

towmanjax said:
my hope was to get away from the Stock P/S, all it does is Quad flash and what Fed/Sig calls action. It sounds like it is better to beg real hard and maybe she will let me buy a LED bar or just deal with what I have.

Buy the LED bar you want! Better to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission!!! :yes: :haha:

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381