Federal 184/284 domes

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yes, Fed-Sig did produce split color domes for the 184/284 beacons and siren-lights. According to my 1984 Service Parts Index they made them in the following color combinations.

Red-blue

Red-clear

Red-amber

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
ELB member ryan can re-create these domes using a similar, if not the same, process Federal Signal used to make theirs. I'm sure he'll be around soon to explain :D .

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Correct, I have re-created the process that federal used to split solid domes and fuse the different colors back together.

I made these for Eric6913.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_184s.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_184ss.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I noticed that you made a blue/clear split dome. You're probably the first to do that since that was not offered by Federal accoding to Stansdds '84 service index ;)

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
If you supply the domes my cost to do the split and fuse is $85 which includes return ship.

If I have to find the domes they are market value plus the $85.

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
ryan said:
If you supply the domes my cost to do the split and fuse is $85 which includes return ship.

If I have to find the domes they are market value plus the $85.

Ryan, is it as strong as before, once the split and fuse done?

Cyril

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
yes, my process actually melts the 2 sides back together, I then add the small square re-inforcment to the lower part of the joints.

David

May 21, 2010
Tennessee
If you could fuse red and clear domes in the horizontal plane, you may be able to create new "spitfire" domes! It would be a much harder job to get everything to fit and would require more cuts to be made, but nobody makes spits anymore.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.