Federal CT-1 lightbar

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
@stansdds, my main question is: Does (did) the CA code REQUIRE par46? If so, what about the later Cal-spec AeroDynic steady red to the front (was it a par36)? Did the codes change in the 80s (thus rendering the CT-2-P incapable of satisfying earlier codes)? And one can naturally assume the -P stands for prototype (I’m about to resurrect my Model 11-O Twin Super Beacon Ray proto type). I know very little about the CA codes regarding steady red to the front, thus my questions.

Thanks to @894 for bringing this bar to our attention (again)! It’s fascinating!
Looking forward to seeing your Super Twin Beacon Ray project resurrected. I don't know if the PAR-46 size was a requirement or manufacturers used it because it would meet visibility requirements. When Federal introduced the Aerodynic and created a version for California, the Model 24C (24CA when alley lights were ordered), they used a pair of PAR-36's on each side of the 24C. I'm guessing that at the time a single PAR-36 did not meet some standard, hence the pairs of PAR-36's in the Model 24C.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The 24RMC, the Aero CTS, has single PAR36 front and back
True, but the first version of the Aerodynic approved in California, the 25C and 25CA, had paired PAR-36's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.