Federal Fireball Dome ?

A-TAD

May 21, 2010
South Eastern PA
I have a Federal Signal Fireball FB1 in blue and need to know if there are any other brand of lights whose dome will fit the Fireball.

I want to cut two domes to make one dome that is a dual color,red and blue. I do not want to cut the original dome that came with this light.

The dome I have on this light now does not have any markings on it, did the original dome have anything stamped into it?

Thanks

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
At one time NAPA marketed a teardrop light with a dome similar in size to the FB1.

The SVP, KD, Sho Me, Smith and Wesson, and Gall's lights all use the larger SVP size dome.

Sirenman (John Dorgan) might have some old stock FB1 domes.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
You will need to use pairs of Federal or pairs of Dietz/Tuff-bilt domes. Although these domes have the same dimensions around the bottoms, the Dietz/Tuff-bilt domes are slightly taller and have a little more taper than Federal domes.

A-TAD

May 21, 2010
South Eastern PA
I checked my dome and it does not have any markings on it at all.

Is it possible that some Federal Signal domes didn't have anything stamped into them?

Thanks

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
No markings means it's not from Federal. My guess would be that an unmarked dome is a Chinese or Taiwanese generic replacement for any Fireball size beacon.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Actually, the oldest Federal domes for the Beacon Rays, Vitalites, and Fire Balls had no markings stamped in them. I have many originals from the 1950s, and no markings. If you have a FB1 with no markings, it could be from that era.

Dan

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Well, I'll be! I just checked my collection of Fireballs (didn't realize I had so many) and sure enough, my old FB Fireballs have unmarked domes. My FB-11's have domes marked "F 7". So yeah, those unmarked domes may well be earlier Federal domes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.