Federal Informer and Informer IP

henryg

May 24, 2010
USA, Illinois
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these products? I am planning on upgrading the alerting in our five firehouses and am looking for pros and cons. We are currently using a homemade board I inherited that activates a light in the bunkroom. Also, what is a ballpark price for each? Thank you. Henry

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
henryg said:
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these products? I am planning on upgrading the alerting in our five firehouses and am looking for pros and cons. We are currently using a homemade board I inherited that activates a light in the bunkroom. Also, what is a ballpark price for each? Thank you. Henry

We use the FS Informer at one of our stations. We have it set to trip a relay for external speakers and lights for 1 hour after its activated. They work real well, as we have 4 different tones, and the informer alerts with 4 different alert tones. Would work well for your stations, as im assuming they have an individual station tone, and a department wide tone. Pricing isnt TOO bad, for the options you can get. http://www.pwservice.com/other_products/informer_alert_receiver.aspx

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.